Success of connected TV is no longer 'myth and magic', says ITV's Knight
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 25 November 2011 03:51PM
"Connected success" for TV is not "myth and magic' and can be proved now, according to according to Gary Knight, ITV commercial content director.
Speaking at the IAB Video Engage conference yesterday (24 November) in London, Knight said that TV and online together could drive ROI "amazingly".
He said: "Video advertising will become one of the most dominant ad formats, but we can't rest on our laurels. It has to grow, beyond its brand building power."
He stressed that the "glorious empire of TV" was not in decline and the "data barons" will not "usurp" "this king" who was in good health.
He added: "TV is consumers' electronic shop window, but now it will get more power to unleash to every platform, every consumer, at every hour per day."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch