Success of connected TV is no longer 'myth and magic', says ITV's Knight
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 25 November 2011 03:51PM
"Connected success" for TV is not "myth and magic' and can be proved now, according to according to Gary Knight, ITV commercial content director.
Speaking at the IAB Video Engage conference yesterday (24 November) in London, Knight said that TV and online together could drive ROI "amazingly".
He said: "Video advertising will become one of the most dominant ad formats, but we can't rest on our laurels. It has to grow, beyond its brand building power."
He stressed that the "glorious empire of TV" was not in decline and the "data barons" will not "usurp" "this king" who was in good health.
He added: "TV is consumers' electronic shop window, but now it will get more power to unleash to every platform, every consumer, at every hour per day."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'