Success of connected TV is no longer 'myth and magic', says ITV's Knight
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 25 November 2011 03:51PM
"Connected success" for TV is not "myth and magic' and can be proved now, according to according to Gary Knight, ITV commercial content director.
Speaking at the IAB Video Engage conference yesterday (24 November) in London, Knight said that TV and online together could drive ROI "amazingly".
He said: "Video advertising will become one of the most dominant ad formats, but we can't rest on our laurels. It has to grow, beyond its brand building power."
He stressed that the "glorious empire of TV" was not in decline and the "data barons" will not "usurp" "this king" who was in good health.
He added: "TV is consumers' electronic shop window, but now it will get more power to unleash to every platform, every consumer, at every hour per day."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Planning Manager - Healthcare PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director PFJ £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Account Executive - Social Media Source £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Stevenage
- Affiliate Marketing Manager Norton Leigh £30,000, Central London
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social
- ESI Media to handle London Live sales in-house
- Meerkats welcome baby in Christmas day Comparethemarket.com ad
- DraftFCB acquires Inferno to run London
- VCCP's Thornton credits Bailes with O2's Campaign of the Year success
- Google reveals most searched-for events in 2013 Zeitgeist campaign