BMW launches Ocean's Two Towers East
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 28 November 2011 11:40AM
BMW has become the first advertiser to feature on the Two Towers East, the new roadside displays launched by Ocean Outdoor near Canary Wharf.
The digital outdoor screens, which measure five metres wide by 7.5 metres high, went into commercial operation today (28 November).
BMW was booked onto all faces of the site for two weeks by outdoor specialist Posterscope and media agency Vizeum.
The screens are located on Aspen Way, east of Canary Wharf, on the route to London City Airport, and are intended to target high net worth employees working in the financial district.
Ocean built the site after winning a competitive tender from Tower Hamlets Council, and named it the Two Towers East after its existing Two Towers structure on the A4 route between Heathrow Airport and London’s West End (now called Two Towers West).
Tim Bleakley, Ocean CEO, said: "The Two Towers East present advertisers with an opportunity that was previously missing in East London. It is fitting that Tower Hamlets has a prestigious advertising offering that reflects the inward investment that has been attracted to the area.
"The location of these sites is absolutely critical for top-tier brands wanting to communicate with a high-value audience and the location for the Olympics is perfect."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years