Waitrose rolls out Christmas cooking 'how-to' videos
Waitrose is launching 'how-to' videos starring brand ambassadors, such as Delia Smith, as it looks to better engage with consumers on social media.
The supermarket is rolling out the initiative as an extension of its 'Christmas school of magic' TV campaign.
Smith will show users how to cook their Christmas turkey and decorate cakes, in videos that will appear on YouTube. Meanwhile, weekly live Q&A sessions featuring culinary experts, including Masterchef 2010 winner Dhruv Baker, will be hosted on Facebook.
The first video shows Waitrose cookery-school chef Gordon McDermott advising consumers on preparing for Christmas. The clip will air on Wednesday (30 November) on Facebook. It is also launching a Christmas day planner app.
Waitrose digital communications senior manager Julie Randall said the supermarket's success over the next few weeks 'depends on the way we inspire customers for the big day'.
Digital activity has been created by social-media agency Manning Gottlieb OMD, after it won Waitrose's account in the summer following a competitive pitch process.
Rival supermarket Tesco is also investing heavily in social media and is employing eight qualified chefs to troubleshoot customer's cooking problems on Christmas day.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK