Waitrose rolls out Christmas cooking 'how-to' videos
Waitrose is launching 'how-to' videos starring brand ambassadors, such as Delia Smith, as it looks to better engage with consumers on social media.
The supermarket is rolling out the initiative as an extension of its 'Christmas school of magic' TV campaign.
Smith will show users how to cook their Christmas turkey and decorate cakes, in videos that will appear on YouTube. Meanwhile, weekly live Q&A sessions featuring culinary experts, including Masterchef 2010 winner Dhruv Baker, will be hosted on Facebook.
The first video shows Waitrose cookery-school chef Gordon McDermott advising consumers on preparing for Christmas. The clip will air on Wednesday (30 November) on Facebook. It is also launching a Christmas day planner app.
Waitrose digital communications senior manager Julie Randall said the supermarket's success over the next few weeks 'depends on the way we inspire customers for the big day'.
Digital activity has been created by social-media agency Manning Gottlieb OMD, after it won Waitrose's account in the summer following a competitive pitch process.
Rival supermarket Tesco is also investing heavily in social media and is employing eight qualified chefs to troubleshoot customer's cooking problems on Christmas day.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Designer become Unspecified, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign