Ultimo to enter FMCG arena with beauty line
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 November 2011 10:00AM
Lingerie brand Ultimo is making its first foray into FMCG products with the launch of a branded beauty range.
MJM International, which owns the brand, is developing beauty products that include face cream and fake tan. The range is set to arrive in stores around March next year.
The beauty products will be Ultimo-branded, using the 'U' from its logo as the basis for the visual identity. The range is believed to be called 'All about U'. Ultimo will initially launch four products, before expanding the range during the year.
MJM plans to roll out its first above-the-line advertising push to promote the range, having previously invested more heavily in PR to market the Ultimo brand.
It also intends to continue to move away from celebrity-led marketing for the beauty products, having previously enlisted an array of well-known names, including Kelly Brook and Rachel Hunter, to front its lingerie campaigns. Model Luisana Lopilato, wife of singer Michael Buble, was recently signed up to promote the brand.
This will continue a shift that began last June, when Ultimo selected 14 'real' woman to promote its evening-gown range, Ultimo Couture, as part of a Facebook campaign.
Advertising for the beauty range will be product-based, and the company wants to enlist a creative agency to work with it on the launch.
MJM is also in talks with retailers about stocking the products, but is yet to confirm details of any agreements.
Ultimo has struck partnership deals with clothing retailers to stock exclusive ranges in the past, including Michelle for George at Asda, Diamond Boutique for Tesco and Adore Moi by Ultimo for Debenhams.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Digital B2B Marketing Agency ADLIB competitive, Oxford
- Business Development Director - Boutique Integrated Agency - Central London - £55-65k + bonus Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k + bonus scheme, Central London
- Recruitment Consultant - Competitive Package - Farringdon, EC1 Fill Recruitment Ltd Excellent package - flexible working (hours/ location), Farringdon, EC1
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign