BMW launches Olympics iPad magazine
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 November 2011 01:28PM
BMW has launched an Olympics 2012 iPad magazine app as part of its tier-one sponsorship of the London Games.
The free interactive magazine app, created by Partners Andrews Aldridge, features a range of exclusive content covering BMW-backed Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls, as well as other athletes.
It includes video interviews and profiles of performance-team members Rebecca Adlington, the swimmer; canoeist Tim Branbats, and wheelchair racer David Weir.
Olympic rower James Cracknell, who is the guest editor of the magazine, also features in a video, having a conversation over lunch with javelin thrower Steve Backley.
The digital magazine opens with time-lapse photography of a sunset over the Olympic Stadium.
The app is free to download from iTunes today (29 November). BMW plans to roll it out across Android in the coming months.
Nicola Green, CRM communications manager for BMW UK, said: "In addition to highlighting the ways in which BMW is helping London 2012 deliver a sustainable Games, the magazine also shines a light on the numerous British athletes we're supporting as they prepare for what promises to be the most memorable moments of their sporting careers."
BMW rolled out its first Olympics activity in September, with a campaign around its special edition Mini car range.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers