John Lewis scoops Brand of the Year for second year running
John Lewis has won The Marketing Society's Brand of the Year for the second time running, beating competition from brands including British Airways and Foster's.
The retailer, whose current Christmas campaign "the long wait" received huge media coverage and topped the viral charts earlier this month, was chosen by more than 1,000 marketers attending The Marketing Society's annual dinner last night (29 November).
Accepting the award at the event in Old Billingsgate, John Lewis marketing director Craig Inglis said the win was "down to our people and our agencies" and "a restlessness and a desire to raise the bar and keep producing amazing work".
The four other brands that made the final cut in The Marketing Society's annual Brand of the Year award, in association with ITV and Marketing magazine, were BA, Help for Heroes, Foster's and insurance brand Hiscox.
Inglis said his team had not expected to "reach the heady heights of last year" and its nostalgic "always a woman" ad by Adam & Eve, which helped it win the 2010 Brand of the Year accolade.
He added reaction to "the long wait", which was also created by Adam & Eve, had "amazed and overwhelmed" John Lewis.
More than 21,000 marketers and members of the public voted to choose the five finalists, from an original shortlist of 20.
Also last night, Bart Becht, former CEO of Reckitt Benckiser, and the man credited with turning the company into an FMCG giant to rival Unilever and P&G, accepted The Marketing Society's Outstanding Leadership award.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Client Sales Executive - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Head of Digital MCG Associates Very Attractive Tax Free Package, Dubai - UAE
- Marketing Manager - Youth Brand Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG - URGENT NEED Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool