Appointment to View: Behind the scenes of the Jack Daniel's ad
By Georgina Brazier, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 16 December 2011 09:00AM
Jack Daniel's has long played on its folksy, small town roots and its festive ad outing, in which it builds a Christmas tree made up of whiskey barrels, is no exception.
The ad, created by Arnold Worldwide, was filmed in Lynchburg, where the Jack Daniel's distillery is based, with about About 70 employees and citizens participating in the two-day shoot.
The garlanded Barrel Tree was made up of 140 white oak whiskey barrels and stood 26 feet tall.
Wade Devers, Arnold Worldwide's global creative director, said: "Lynchburg Tennessee is not just the home place of Jack Daniel's whiskey – it is a reflection of small towns all over the world where traditions provide ways for people to celebrate together."
"The barrel tree is much more than a beautiful TV commercial, it is the beginning of a new tradition for the brand and, more importantly, for the people who carry on the tradition of whiskey-making."
The TV ad first aired in the UK on 1 December and the campaign has received through-the-line support including a global Facebook game developed by Arnold KLP.
The game asks fans of Jack Daniel’s to help protect the whiskey in the 26-foot-high barrel tree by firing snowballs at the notorious "barrel bandits" who are trying to spoil the festive celebrations.
The campaign is running in key global regions including the US, UK, Ireland and South Africa.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham