Starcom MediaVest and Mindshare battle for £230m global Heineken account
By Gemma Charles, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 November 2011 11:35AM
Heineken is looking to consolidate its estimated £230m global media planning and buying business into either incumbent agencies MediaVest or Mindshare, in an attempt to achieve cost efficiencies.
Publicis' Starcom MediaVest and WPP's Mindshare will battle in a closed review that will encompass all of Heineken's brands, including Foster's, Strongbow and Bulmers Original.
Heineken already works with both agencies in different markets, with MediaVest handling the £30m account in the UK.
The winning agency, in the first instance, will be tasked with focusing on Heineken's top 15 markets, which represent 85% of the company's media spend. The selected agency is expected to be in place by the middle of 2012.
Alexis Nasard, chief commercial officer at Heineken, said: "Heineken is the world's most international brewer. We have the opportunity to leverage the benefits of our global scale to achieve efficiencies and quality improvements in our media buying."
He added: "The ultimate goal is to improve our media performance through better strategy, planning and execution, while maintaining the absolute."
Heineken's move to globalise media buying is in line with a number of other initiatives across several aspects of the company's business designed to leverage its global scale, including the appointment of a global ad agency for the Heineken brand and the creation of the global business services organisation.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show