Daisley quits Google for Twitter sales role
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 08:20AM
Google's Bruce Daisley has been poached by Twitter to become its first UK commercial director.
Daisley will be responsible for creating an advertising business for Twitter in the UK, encouraging brands to use the microblogging platform and building a sales team.
He has worked at Google for the past three years, joining the business as the head of display before becoming the director of YouTube and display at Google UK.
During his time at YouTube, he was responsible for rolling out its pioneering "skippable" ad format.
Before Google, Daisley worked at Emap for more than ten years, most recently as the digital sales director.
He joins Twitter in January and will report to Tony Wang, the general manager for Twitter UK, who relocated from the business in San Francisco to set up the UK office in May.
Twitter rolled out its first UK-targeted ad products in September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director Aspire £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- CREATIVE STRATEGIST - COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End