Game retailer in consolidated pre-Christmas push
Game Group, which owns the Game and gamestation store chains, has launched a pre-Christmas marketing push to showcase the brands as a first-stop for casual and expert gamers respectively.
TBWA\London has created two separate campaigns for Game and gamestation.
Each campaign has three ads each, with the second ads breaking today (1 December). The first spots launched last week, and the campaigns run until mid-December, supported by digital and in-store activity.
The ads for Game aim to show consumers that its outlets are the right place to buy gaming gifts for friends or relatives, using the new strapline: "You can't lose."
The gamestation ads show the retailer as the destination for expert advice and deals for avid gamers, using the strapline: "Welcome home hero".
Anna-Marie Mason, marketing director at Game Group, said: "As the only true specialist in the UK gaming market, our role is to help the country discover gaming or perfect their skills.
"The aim of the new campaigns is to reach our distinct customer groups, casual and expert games, plus the important gifting segment, reminding them of the gaming inspiration, passion and knowledge available at over 550 Game and gamestation stores in the UK."
Previous work for the Game Group has involved its two retail brands marketed separately, using a number of different advertising agencies, including Manchester-based Cheethambell JWT.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show