Game retailer in consolidated pre-Christmas push
Game Group, which owns the Game and gamestation store chains, has launched a pre-Christmas marketing push to showcase the brands as a first-stop for casual and expert gamers respectively.
TBWA\London has created two separate campaigns for Game and gamestation.
Each campaign has three ads each, with the second ads breaking today (1 December). The first spots launched last week, and the campaigns run until mid-December, supported by digital and in-store activity.
The ads for Game aim to show consumers that its outlets are the right place to buy gaming gifts for friends or relatives, using the new strapline: "You can't lose."
The gamestation ads show the retailer as the destination for expert advice and deals for avid gamers, using the strapline: "Welcome home hero".
Anna-Marie Mason, marketing director at Game Group, said: "As the only true specialist in the UK gaming market, our role is to help the country discover gaming or perfect their skills.
"The aim of the new campaigns is to reach our distinct customer groups, casual and expert games, plus the important gifting segment, reminding them of the gaming inspiration, passion and knowledge available at over 550 Game and gamestation stores in the UK."
Previous work for the Game Group has involved its two retail brands marketed separately, using a number of different advertising agencies, including Manchester-based Cheethambell JWT.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - PR AGENCY Live Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager Beyond The Book £30000.00 - £37000.00 per annum, South East
- Digital Marketing Exec,Financial services,London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Mid-weight Digital Designer Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign