Jeremy Ellis named TUI marketing director as comms head Cull departs
Jeremy Ellis, TUI Travel's head of marketing, has been promoted to the role of marketing director with immediate effect.
Ellis, who has been with TUI in various roles for 20 years, takes on the role after Tim Williamson, TUI's former customer director who also oversaw marketing, left the company in September last year.
Christian Cull, director of communications at TUI and a former marketing director at Waitrose, is leaving his role amid the shake-up. It is not known if he has another job to go to.
The position of marketing director has been vacant since Williamson's exit, with Ellis heading up marketing for TUI's Thomson and First Choice brands, feeding directly into former managing director of the northern region, Johan Lundgren.
Lundgren has since been promoted to deputy chief executive of TUI Travel.
Ellis is promoted amid a number of senior people moves at TUI. Garry Wilson, director of purchasing, has been appointed to the position of product and purchasing director, with Andrew Flintham also promoted from his post as aviation planning director to planning and trading director.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Manager - Digital & Technical to £55k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Data & Database Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Digital Insight Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Stevenage
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p/a, South West
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency