Air New Zealand challenges public to solve mascot murder
Air New Zealand has released an online Cluedo competition challenging people to solve the murder of its puppet mascot Rico.
Air New Zealand has partnered with Hasbro, the toys and games company, to create an online version of Cluedo, giving people the chance to win either a trip to Los Angeles or a trip to New Zealand.
The game is centred on the murder of Air New Zealand's puppet mascot, Rico, at a party in his mansion based in Los Angeles, and features a bank of celebrity suspects.
The celebrities include: rapper Snoop Dogg; Hugh Heffner's ex-girlfriend, Holly Madison; New Zealand All Black rugby player, Ma'a Nonu; E! News presenter Guliana Rancic; 80s fitness personality Richard Simmons and New Zealand TV and radio presenter Paul Henry.
Jodi Williams, international marketing director, Air New Zealand, said: "Rico’s core purpose over the past year has been to draw global attention to our revolutionary new economy Skycouch and premium economy Spaceseat.
"As a small airline at the bottom of the world we haven't had the budgets to take a traditional marketing approach to gain awareness of these award-winning product innovations.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager of the Week: John Wilhelm, Air New Zealand
- Air NZ becomes 'official airline of Middle Earth'
- Air New Zealand safety video features Snoop Dogg and Obama
- Air New Zealand gives consumers cashback for social media plugs
- Air New Zealand backs Skycouch with quirky videos
- CREATIVE STRATEGY: Do the boring bits have to be boring? No, says Air NZ
- Air NZ recoils from provocative crew in latest push
- Customer's tweet inspires Air New Zealand ad campaign
- Air New Zealand cabin crew appears nude in TV campaign
- Air New Zealand staff strip for eye-catching safety video
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Bid Advisor PSD Group £95,000+ bonus+ bens, London
- Recruitment Consultant Direct Recruitment £according to experience , Central London
- Senior Product Manager Stopgap £37000 - £40000 per annum, East Midlands
- Agile project manager Creative Recruitment £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.