Air New Zealand challenges public to solve mascot murder
Air New Zealand has released an online Cluedo competition challenging people to solve the murder of its puppet mascot Rico.
Air New Zealand has partnered with Hasbro, the toys and games company, to create an online version of Cluedo, giving people the chance to win either a trip to Los Angeles or a trip to New Zealand.
The game is centred on the murder of Air New Zealand's puppet mascot, Rico, at a party in his mansion based in Los Angeles, and features a bank of celebrity suspects.
The celebrities include: rapper Snoop Dogg; Hugh Heffner's ex-girlfriend, Holly Madison; New Zealand All Black rugby player, Ma'a Nonu; E! News presenter Guliana Rancic; 80s fitness personality Richard Simmons and New Zealand TV and radio presenter Paul Henry.
Jodi Williams, international marketing director, Air New Zealand, said: "Rico’s core purpose over the past year has been to draw global attention to our revolutionary new economy Skycouch and premium economy Spaceseat.
"As a small airline at the bottom of the world we haven't had the budgets to take a traditional marketing approach to gain awareness of these award-winning product innovations.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Affiliates Manager - Exciting Entertainment Brand! - London Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus & bens, London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London