I'm a Celeb bows out with 10.2 million peak
Dougie Poynter's victory in 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here' helped the final of this year's series to a peak audience of 10.2 million viewers on Saturday night.
‘I’m a Celeb' has been broadcast almost every evening for the past three weeks and in Saturday’s final, Poynter beat ‘The Only Way is Essex’ star Mark Wright to be crowned king of the jungle.
According to unofficial overnight figures, the ‘I’m a Celeb’ audience peaked at 10.23 million viewers across ITV1 and ITV1 HD at 9.55pm on Saturday.
Over the course of the show, ‘I’m a Celeb' had an average audience of 9.33 million on ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 9.30pm and 10.30pm, a 39.7% share. An additional 231,800 viewers watched on ITV1 +1.
Before ‘I’m a Celeb' on Saturday night, ITV1’s flagship singing competition, ‘The X Factor,’ had a peak audience of 11.33 million across the standard and high-definition channels at 9.20pm.
Judge Tulisa Contostavlos did her trademark signature horizontal salute, displaying her tattoo which reads "The Female Boss", despite broadcasting regulator Ofcom’s ongoing investigation into whether it amounts to promotion of her perfume of the same name.
The Saturday instalment of ‘The X Factor’ had an average audience of 10.26 million viewers, a 39.9% share, between 8pm and 9.30pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. An additional 356,900 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
The peak audience of BBC One’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ surpassed that of ‘The X Factor’ for the third week running, with a peak audience of 11.49 million across the standard and HD channel at 7.50pm.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ had an average audience of 10.33 million viewers, a 41.7% share, across BBC One and BBC One HD between 7pm and 8pm.
This week’s Saturday audience for ‘The X Factor’ was up from 10 million the previous week, whereas the ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ audience was down from 10.6 million one week ago.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film