The Assembly appoints first managing director
The Assembly, the creative agency, has hired SapientNitro client services director James Graham as its first managing director to support the agency's continued growth.
Graham will work across The Assembly's clients, including auditor Ernst & Young, beer manufacturer InBev, and book publisher Penguin, and will take an active role in developing new business.
He will report to The Assembly's founders Trevor Hardy and Steve Dunn, and he will work alongside former Ogilvy UK vice-chairman Larissa Joy, who joined the agency as a partner this autumn.
Prior to joining SapientNitro in January 2010, Graham worked in account management at agencies such as Saatchi & Saatchi, Publicis, TBWA London and Lowe Lintas.
He started his career at Faulds Advertising in 1995, where he worked as an account handler until 2000.
Joy started working with The Assembly as a consultant earlier this year. Her varied career includes roles such as chief operating officer of PR firm Weber Shandwick and global chief operating officer of private equity firm Actis LLP.
The Assembly has bumped up its team with a number of appointments in recent months, including business director Muna Nageh, account director Sophie Purnell and producer Anneliese Wensley.
Trevor Hardy said: "We are thrilled to have James join our other recent recruits at such an exciting time for the business. His expertise will be a fantastic asset to the agency, supporting our growth and new clients."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media