Clarks makes first foray into m-commerce
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 05 December 2011 10:40AM
Clarks, the shoe brand, is taking its first steps into m-commerce with the launch of its first fully transactional mobile site.
The site, built by Mobile Interactive Group, enables shoppers to browse and purchase Clarks' entire range of shoes. It also has a store locator feature.
The site can be accessed through mobile browsers. Clarks plans to introduce native apps for operating systems including iOS and Android in the future.
Richard Houlton, director of channels of Clarks, said: "Multi-channel retailing is a major focus for Clarks and it is essential to give our customers choice. Our customers are more technology savvy than ever before."
Clarks is looking to broaden the appeal of its brand, and in particular target younger men. To this end it recently launched a catwalk-inspired range of mens shoes.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Content Copywriter - French Major Players £32000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Junior Conceptual Creative become £20k-£25k, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £35000 - £55000 per annum, Southend-On-Sea