Clarks makes first foray into m-commerce
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 05 December 2011 10:40AM
Clarks, the shoe brand, is taking its first steps into m-commerce with the launch of its first fully transactional mobile site.
The site, built by Mobile Interactive Group, enables shoppers to browse and purchase Clarks' entire range of shoes. It also has a store locator feature.
The site can be accessed through mobile browsers. Clarks plans to introduce native apps for operating systems including iOS and Android in the future.
Richard Houlton, director of channels of Clarks, said: "Multi-channel retailing is a major focus for Clarks and it is essential to give our customers choice. Our customers are more technology savvy than ever before."
Clarks is looking to broaden the appeal of its brand, and in particular target younger men. To this end it recently launched a catwalk-inspired range of mens shoes.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP DIRECTOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bbonus + Benefits, Buckinghamshire
- DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits + bonuses, West Midlands
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment £16000 - £21000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Research Analyst Hasson Associates £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Global Insight manager | World leading OTC company Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car + bonus , London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers