Clarks makes first foray into m-commerce
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 05 December 2011 10:40AM
Clarks, the shoe brand, is taking its first steps into m-commerce with the launch of its first fully transactional mobile site.
The site, built by Mobile Interactive Group, enables shoppers to browse and purchase Clarks' entire range of shoes. It also has a store locator feature.
The site can be accessed through mobile browsers. Clarks plans to introduce native apps for operating systems including iOS and Android in the future.
Richard Houlton, director of channels of Clarks, said: "Multi-channel retailing is a major focus for Clarks and it is essential to give our customers choice. Our customers are more technology savvy than ever before."
Clarks is looking to broaden the appeal of its brand, and in particular target younger men. To this end it recently launched a catwalk-inspired range of mens shoes.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Coordinator Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Stockport
- Digital Content Strategist - Trailblazing Agency Digital Gurus £40000 - £55000 Per Annum Up to £55K + BENS, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned