Clarks makes first foray into m-commerce
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 05 December 2011 10:40AM
Clarks, the shoe brand, is taking its first steps into m-commerce with the launch of its first fully transactional mobile site.
The site, built by Mobile Interactive Group, enables shoppers to browse and purchase Clarks' entire range of shoes. It also has a store locator feature.
The site can be accessed through mobile browsers. Clarks plans to introduce native apps for operating systems including iOS and Android in the future.
Richard Houlton, director of channels of Clarks, said: "Multi-channel retailing is a major focus for Clarks and it is essential to give our customers choice. Our customers are more technology savvy than ever before."
Clarks is looking to broaden the appeal of its brand, and in particular target younger men. To this end it recently launched a catwalk-inspired range of mens shoes.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive | Ã‚£25,000 | Automotive Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£22000.00 - Ã‚£25000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Junior Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£20000.00 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, London
- Middle-Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£30000.00 - Ã‚£40000 per annum, London
- Social & Content Account Manager - Travel - London Major Players Ã‚£27000 - Ã‚£33000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Account Director - Integrated Marketing Stonor £45,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience, Surrey
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton