Gocompare.com to run fairytale ad during X Factor final
Gocompare.com has created a fairytale ad to be premiered during next week's 'X Factor' final on ITV1.
The Cinderella-themed ad features a young girl unable to go to the ball as she does not have insurance for her pumpkin-turned-carriage, powered by singing white mice and an oversized exercise wheel.
Created in-house by Sian and Chris Wilkins, the ad stars Wynne Evans again, as Gio Compario. He borrows a magic wand, conjures up a beautiful ballgown and ensures Cinderella's story has the required fairytale ending, complete with a dashing prince.
The opera singer makes a nosy traffic warden disappear before delivering Cinderella into the arms of Price Charming.
Production was by Groundglass, with MEC handling media planning and buying.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said: "Christmas wouldn't be the same without a bit of pantomime, so this ad is great for the festive season. The animation, vivid colours and classical choral score make this ad perfect for the Christmas TV line up.
"The message to customers is clear too. While Gio works his magic on Cinderella to get her to the ball, Gocompare can do wonders with expensive car insurance renewals."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show