Gocompare.com to run fairytale ad during X Factor final
Gocompare.com has created a fairytale ad to be premiered during next week's 'X Factor' final on ITV1.
The Cinderella-themed ad features a young girl unable to go to the ball as she does not have insurance for her pumpkin-turned-carriage, powered by singing white mice and an oversized exercise wheel.
Created in-house by Sian and Chris Wilkins, the ad stars Wynne Evans again, as Gio Compario. He borrows a magic wand, conjures up a beautiful ballgown and ensures Cinderella's story has the required fairytale ending, complete with a dashing prince.
The opera singer makes a nosy traffic warden disappear before delivering Cinderella into the arms of Price Charming.
Production was by Groundglass, with MEC handling media planning and buying.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said: "Christmas wouldn't be the same without a bit of pantomime, so this ad is great for the festive season. The animation, vivid colours and classical choral score make this ad perfect for the Christmas TV line up.
"The message to customers is clear too. While Gio works his magic on Cinderella to get her to the ball, Gocompare can do wonders with expensive car insurance renewals."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Senior Account Manager: c£40k Excellent Digital and Integrated Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k , Surrey: Close to Guildford
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER| Independent agency | Consumer Technology | £32-40k Judi Patton £32-40k - depending on experience, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.