Gocompare.com to run fairytale ad during X Factor final
Gocompare.com has created a fairytale ad to be premiered during next week's 'X Factor' final on ITV1.
The Cinderella-themed ad features a young girl unable to go to the ball as she does not have insurance for her pumpkin-turned-carriage, powered by singing white mice and an oversized exercise wheel.
Created in-house by Sian and Chris Wilkins, the ad stars Wynne Evans again, as Gio Compario. He borrows a magic wand, conjures up a beautiful ballgown and ensures Cinderella's story has the required fairytale ending, complete with a dashing prince.
The opera singer makes a nosy traffic warden disappear before delivering Cinderella into the arms of Price Charming.
Production was by Groundglass, with MEC handling media planning and buying.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said: "Christmas wouldn't be the same without a bit of pantomime, so this ad is great for the festive season. The animation, vivid colours and classical choral score make this ad perfect for the Christmas TV line up.
"The message to customers is clear too. While Gio works his magic on Cinderella to get her to the ball, Gocompare can do wonders with expensive car insurance renewals."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Specialist - Client-Side Travel Brand - PPC / SEO Ultimate Asset £30000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, City of London
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014