Gocompare.com to run fairytale ad during X Factor final
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 December 2011 11:55AM
Gocompare.com has created a fairytale ad to be premiered during next week's 'X Factor' final on ITV1.
The Cinderella-themed ad features a young girl unable to go to the ball as she does not have insurance for her pumpkin-turned-carriage, powered by singing white mice and an oversized exercise wheel.
Created in-house by Sian and Chris Wilkins, the ad stars Wynne Evans again, as Gio Compario. He borrows a magic wand, conjures up a beautiful ballgown and ensures Cinderella's story has the required fairytale ending, complete with a dashing prince.
The opera singer makes a nosy traffic warden disappear before delivering Cinderella into the arms of Price Charming.
Production was by Groundglass, with MEC handling media planning and buying.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare.com, said: "Christmas wouldn't be the same without a bit of pantomime, so this ad is great for the festive season. The animation, vivid colours and classical choral score make this ad perfect for the Christmas TV line up.
"The message to customers is clear too. While Gio works his magic on Cinderella to get her to the ball, Gocompare can do wonders with expensive car insurance renewals."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot