BBH wins £36 million Virgin Media business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 December 2011 12:05PM
Virgin Media has appointed Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle its £36 million advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against the previous incumbent DDB UK. Adam & Eve London and Mother were eliminated at an earlier stage.
Oystercatchers, the intermediary, handled the process, working closely with Virgin Media’s chief marketing officer Nigel Gilbert and the executive director of brand and marketing Jeff Dodds.
DDB had been the incumbent on Virgin Media’s advertising account for only 18 months, having won the business from Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R in May last year.
During its time working on the account DDB created a TV ad called "our house’, backed with the Madness track of the same name. It also created a series of ads for TiVo featuring the Hustle actor Marc Warren.
BBH will now oversee Virgin Media’s above-the-line activity. The brand’s direct marketing account is expected to remain with Rapp, which has worked with closely DDB on servicing the direct element of the business.
Last month, Virgin Media appointed 18 Feet & Rising to work on additional advertising projects.
Stephen Woodford, the chief executive of DDB UK, said: "We’re obviously disappointed by this decision, but are very proud of what we’ve achieved, both on the business and in getting to the final two on one of the best quality pitch lists ever. We wish Virgin Media and BBH the very best of luck going forward"
Follow Matt Williams on Twitter @mattwilliams100
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager - Retail Branding & Interiors Royds Raphael £40K - £50K, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business