Media agencies reduce global adspend forecasts
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 05 December 2011 04:00PM
GroupM and Magna Global have softened their global adspend forecasts for 2012, to 6.4% and 5% respectively.
The revised forecasts show the WPP media powerhouse largely sticking with its optimistic stance five months after pencilling in 6.7% global growth for next year.
It has reduced its forecast for the US from 4.2% to 4%, but mitigated this by stating that Japan's advertising recovery "has proved substantially more vigorous and resilient than we forecast in our mid-year report".
Magna Global, the Interpublic-owned media specialist, has made a bigger change, taking 1.5% off its previous forecast.
It blamed the downgrade on "deteriorating macro-economic perspectives", but said growth would still be substantial due to a stronger than ever quadrennial effect and continued momentum in developing countries.
The Olympics, the European football championships and the US Presidential elections will bring an additional 1% to 2% on top of organic revenue growth across markets, Magna Global predicts.
Separately Publicis Groupe media agency ZenithOptimedia reduced its forecast from 5.3% in October to 4.7%, with just 2% growth for Western Europe. However, the agency network has also upwardly revised its outlook for UK adspend in 2011 after what it envisages to be a stronger than expected fourth quarter.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Experiential Production Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum, Shoreditch
- Junior Digital Developer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Shoreditch
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned