UKTV hires ex-PepsiCo marketer Michaelides
UKTV, which owns the Dave and Watch TV channels, has appointed former PepsiCo marketer Simon Michaelides as head of marketing for its 10-channel network.
Michaelides, who will join the broadcaster from Kantar Retail, is to be given full responsibility for marketing its three free-to-air and seven pay-TV channels, as well as its multiplatform offering and any other commercial activity. He will sit on the UKTV executive board and report to chief executive Darren Childs.
Michaelides replaces Tom Lucas, former director of marketing and communications at UKTV, who left in June following the broadcaster's decision to split the roles of marketing director and communications director.
While at PepsiCo, from 2004 until June last year, Michaelides held marketing roles across its juice drinks and Walkers Crisps divisions, before taking the role of marketing and innovation director, juice brands, PepsiCo UK in December 2009.
Michaelides is currently director of consulting in the consumer and shopper division of WPP's management consultancy arm, Kantar Retail, working with rum brand Bacardi on its retail insight.
Before joining PepsiCo, Michaelides held a marketing role at Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £27,000 p.a., South East England
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy