UKTV hires ex-PepsiCo marketer Michaelides
UKTV, which owns the Dave and Watch TV channels, has appointed former PepsiCo marketer Simon Michaelides as head of marketing for its 10-channel network.
Michaelides, who will join the broadcaster from Kantar Retail, is to be given full responsibility for marketing its three free-to-air and seven pay-TV channels, as well as its multiplatform offering and any other commercial activity. He will sit on the UKTV executive board and report to chief executive Darren Childs.
Michaelides replaces Tom Lucas, former director of marketing and communications at UKTV, who left in June following the broadcaster's decision to split the roles of marketing director and communications director.
While at PepsiCo, from 2004 until June last year, Michaelides held marketing roles across its juice drinks and Walkers Crisps divisions, before taking the role of marketing and innovation director, juice brands, PepsiCo UK in December 2009.
Michaelides is currently director of consulting in the consumer and shopper division of WPP's management consultancy arm, Kantar Retail, working with rum brand Bacardi on its retail insight.
Before joining PepsiCo, Michaelides held a marketing role at Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure