UKTV hires ex-PepsiCo marketer Michaelides
UKTV, which owns the Dave and Watch TV channels, has appointed former PepsiCo marketer Simon Michaelides as head of marketing for its 10-channel network.
Michaelides, who will join the broadcaster from Kantar Retail, is to be given full responsibility for marketing its three free-to-air and seven pay-TV channels, as well as its multiplatform offering and any other commercial activity. He will sit on the UKTV executive board and report to chief executive Darren Childs.
Michaelides replaces Tom Lucas, former director of marketing and communications at UKTV, who left in June following the broadcaster's decision to split the roles of marketing director and communications director.
While at PepsiCo, from 2004 until June last year, Michaelides held marketing roles across its juice drinks and Walkers Crisps divisions, before taking the role of marketing and innovation director, juice brands, PepsiCo UK in December 2009.
Michaelides is currently director of consulting in the consumer and shopper division of WPP's management consultancy arm, Kantar Retail, working with rum brand Bacardi on its retail insight.
Before joining PepsiCo, Michaelides held a marketing role at Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Consultant Butterfly London £50-65k + bonus + benefits, London
- Head of Communications - Art Charity CHM £Competitive Salary, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Planner Major Players £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Category Manager - Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy Negotiable, Berkshire
- Creative Producer/PM Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote