UKTV hires ex-PepsiCo marketer Michaelides
UKTV, which owns the Dave and Watch TV channels, has appointed former PepsiCo marketer Simon Michaelides as head of marketing for its 10-channel network.
Michaelides, who will join the broadcaster from Kantar Retail, is to be given full responsibility for marketing its three free-to-air and seven pay-TV channels, as well as its multiplatform offering and any other commercial activity. He will sit on the UKTV executive board and report to chief executive Darren Childs.
Michaelides replaces Tom Lucas, former director of marketing and communications at UKTV, who left in June following the broadcaster's decision to split the roles of marketing director and communications director.
While at PepsiCo, from 2004 until June last year, Michaelides held marketing roles across its juice drinks and Walkers Crisps divisions, before taking the role of marketing and innovation director, juice brands, PepsiCo UK in December 2009.
Michaelides is currently director of consulting in the consumer and shopper division of WPP's management consultancy arm, Kantar Retail, working with rum brand Bacardi on its retail insight.
Before joining PepsiCo, Michaelides held a marketing role at Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014