EasyJet enters mobile arena with 'Speedy Booking' app
Low-cost airline easyJet is launching its first mobile app, which enables consumers to search and book fares through their smartphone.
The app, called 'Speedy Booking', has been developed by agency VCCP and launches this week. It is free to download for the iPhone and Android smartphones, from the iTunes Store and Android Market respectively.
The app allows users to make bookings both for standard and flexi-fares, add luggage and speedy boarding, check flights and manage bookings.
Consumers will be able to book flights across 580 European routes through what easyJet claims is the 'fastest -airline app'.
Peter Duffy, marketing director of easyJet, said the app will also be ‘invaluable’ in times of disruption, referencing last winter’s snow crisis, as it will give passengers access to ‘all the information they need, as well as having the ability to change their flights in seconds’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £27,000 p.a., South East England
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy