TalkTalk prepares mobile handset offering
Telecoms brand TalkTalk is to offer customers mobile handsets and contracts in a major expansion of its proposition.
The firm, which already offers SIM-only and data mobile products, is lining up a senior appointment from a mobile company with a start date of next year. TalkTalk already has 50,000 customers receiving mobile services.
It is understood the handset proposition will shy away from high-end smartphones, including Apple's iPhone.
The firm has heritage in the handset market, having previously been a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse before being demerged in March 2010. Carphone Warehouse co-founder and chief executive Charles Dunstone remains the chairman of TalkTalk.
Separately, TalkTalk plans to add TV to its existing packages through a partnership with internet-connected television service YouView. It is planning to trial YouView with 10,000 customers as early as March in preparation for a full launch later in the spring.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign