TalkTalk prepares mobile handset offering
Telecoms brand TalkTalk is to offer customers mobile handsets and contracts in a major expansion of its proposition.
The firm, which already offers SIM-only and data mobile products, is lining up a senior appointment from a mobile company with a start date of next year. TalkTalk already has 50,000 customers receiving mobile services.
It is understood the handset proposition will shy away from high-end smartphones, including Apple's iPhone.
The firm has heritage in the handset market, having previously been a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse before being demerged in March 2010. Carphone Warehouse co-founder and chief executive Charles Dunstone remains the chairman of TalkTalk.
Separately, TalkTalk plans to add TV to its existing packages through a partnership with internet-connected television service YouView. It is planning to trial YouView with 10,000 customers as early as March in preparation for a full launch later in the spring.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Senior Account Director Red Sofa London £55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager [Experiential] - Integrated Agency - Up to £31k Verbatim Search Up to £32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Purple Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager . Oxford/Banbury £30,000 plus bonus package to £40,000 plus Golf. Mark Paine Recruitment £30,000 plus bonus to £40,000 OTE plus car/ Golf, Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Adam & Eve/DDB grabs £100,000 prize from Posterscope