TalkTalk prepares mobile handset offering
Telecoms brand TalkTalk is to offer customers mobile handsets and contracts in a major expansion of its proposition.
The firm, which already offers SIM-only and data mobile products, is lining up a senior appointment from a mobile company with a start date of next year. TalkTalk already has 50,000 customers receiving mobile services.
It is understood the handset proposition will shy away from high-end smartphones, including Apple's iPhone.
The firm has heritage in the handset market, having previously been a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse before being demerged in March 2010. Carphone Warehouse co-founder and chief executive Charles Dunstone remains the chairman of TalkTalk.
Separately, TalkTalk plans to add TV to its existing packages through a partnership with internet-connected television service YouView. It is planning to trial YouView with 10,000 customers as early as March in preparation for a full launch later in the spring.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure