TalkTalk prepares mobile handset offering
Telecoms brand TalkTalk is to offer customers mobile handsets and contracts in a major expansion of its proposition.
The firm, which already offers SIM-only and data mobile products, is lining up a senior appointment from a mobile company with a start date of next year. TalkTalk already has 50,000 customers receiving mobile services.
It is understood the handset proposition will shy away from high-end smartphones, including Apple's iPhone.
The firm has heritage in the handset market, having previously been a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse before being demerged in March 2010. Carphone Warehouse co-founder and chief executive Charles Dunstone remains the chairman of TalkTalk.
Separately, TalkTalk plans to add TV to its existing packages through a partnership with internet-connected television service YouView. It is planning to trial YouView with 10,000 customers as early as March in preparation for a full launch later in the spring.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Paid Social Media Executive - £20k - £25k - Manchester Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £18000 - £22000 per annum, Coventry
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director Fill Recruitment Up to £45k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)