Gü invests £1.2m in Christmas ad campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 December 2011 10:05AM
Gü has launched its biggest ever festive ad campaign to promote its new chocolate, bauble-shaped Christmas range.
The campaign across TV and online, created by DDB UK, is the second phase of the brand's 'Give in to Gü initiative', which first launched in May.
The 10-second TV spot delves inside a fridge full of the usual Christmas dinner ingredients such as roast meat, cheese and vegetables, before homing in on Gü's Christmas range, including an assortment of giant chocolate baubles, pack of mini baubles and a range of limited edition ramekins.
In addition there will be a revised version of the original 30-second ad from May 2011 featuring a selection of new seasonal scenes.
They will include freshly laid snow awaiting the first crunch of a footprint and a pool of molten candle wax that lures the viewer in to touch it.
Grant Parker was the creative director on the ad, working alongside creatives Oli Rimoldi and Sigrid Egedal. The production company was Pulse Films. John Ayling & Associates handled media planning and buying.
Parker said: "Christmas gives us an even better reason than usual to indulge ourselves and give in to a delicious Gü pudding.
"The new TV ad keeps the theme of temptation, but seasons it with Christmas festivity."
Joseph Liu, senior brand manager at Gü Puds, said: "This Christmas, we're making our largest ever marketing investment to support our new seasonal puddings.
"Building off our successful 'Give in to Gü' summer campaign, we remain focused on communicating the brand's indulgent positioning, whilst ensuring the brand is relevant to consumers shopping for high quality desserts during the festive season."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £34k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £21k - £24k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £40k - £45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager- Creative Integrated Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated