Gü invests £1.2m in Christmas ad campaign
Gü has launched its biggest ever festive ad campaign to promote its new chocolate, bauble-shaped Christmas range.
The campaign across TV and online, created by DDB UK, is the second phase of the brand's 'Give in to Gü initiative', which first launched in May.
The 10-second TV spot delves inside a fridge full of the usual Christmas dinner ingredients such as roast meat, cheese and vegetables, before homing in on Gü's Christmas range, including an assortment of giant chocolate baubles, pack of mini baubles and a range of limited edition ramekins.
In addition there will be a revised version of the original 30-second ad from May 2011 featuring a selection of new seasonal scenes.
They will include freshly laid snow awaiting the first crunch of a footprint and a pool of molten candle wax that lures the viewer in to touch it.
Grant Parker was the creative director on the ad, working alongside creatives Oli Rimoldi and Sigrid Egedal. The production company was Pulse Films. John Ayling & Associates handled media planning and buying.
Parker said: "Christmas gives us an even better reason than usual to indulge ourselves and give in to a delicious Gü pudding.
"The new TV ad keeps the theme of temptation, but seasons it with Christmas festivity."
Joseph Liu, senior brand manager at Gü Puds, said: "This Christmas, we're making our largest ever marketing investment to support our new seasonal puddings.
"Building off our successful 'Give in to Gü' summer campaign, we remain focused on communicating the brand's indulgent positioning, whilst ensuring the brand is relevant to consumers shopping for high quality desserts during the festive season."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- DIGITAL ANALYTICS MANAGER Mortimer Spinks £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits, City of London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure