Coca-Cola brings back Designated Driver activity
Coca-Cola GB is bringing back its 'Designated Driver' campaign this Christmas to reward responsible drivers with free Coca-Cola drinks.
The campaign, which has been run during the festive season for the past three years, offers consumers a buy-one-get-one-free deal across Coca-Cola and Diet Coke, supported by digital and point-of sale-activity.
The campaign is further supported by activity with the Department for Transport’s 'THINK!' campaign for road safety.
It launches tomorrow (9 December) and will run until 31 December, across 8,000 UK pubs, bars and clubs, positioning the soft drinks as an alternative to alcohol. Designated drivers can speak to staff at venues to receive vouchers for free Coca-Cola drinks.
The campaign will also have support from the AA, the Association of Chief Police Officers, Road Sage, the RAC and the National Union of Student Bars. Partnerships were brokered by 23red , the DfT's partnership agency.
Jon Woods, general manager, Coca-Cola Great Britain and Ireland, said: "Designated drivers provide an amazing service to friends and family. They allow people to have a good night and also help keep roads safe, so everyone can enjoy the Christmas period.
"By rewarding drivers who choose not to drink with a free Coca-Cola or Diet Coke, we hope even more people will be encouraged to do the right thing and become responsible drivers."
llow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Pepsi Max pranks cinemagoers for Halloween