Coca-Cola brings back Designated Driver activity
Coca-Cola GB is bringing back its 'Designated Driver' campaign this Christmas to reward responsible drivers with free Coca-Cola drinks.
The campaign, which has been run during the festive season for the past three years, offers consumers a buy-one-get-one-free deal across Coca-Cola and Diet Coke, supported by digital and point-of sale-activity.
The campaign is further supported by activity with the Department for Transport’s 'THINK!' campaign for road safety.
It launches tomorrow (9 December) and will run until 31 December, across 8,000 UK pubs, bars and clubs, positioning the soft drinks as an alternative to alcohol. Designated drivers can speak to staff at venues to receive vouchers for free Coca-Cola drinks.
The campaign will also have support from the AA, the Association of Chief Police Officers, Road Sage, the RAC and the National Union of Student Bars. Partnerships were brokered by 23red , the DfT's partnership agency.
Jon Woods, general manager, Coca-Cola Great Britain and Ireland, said: "Designated drivers provide an amazing service to friends and family. They allow people to have a good night and also help keep roads safe, so everyone can enjoy the Christmas period.
"By rewarding drivers who choose not to drink with a free Coca-Cola or Diet Coke, we hope even more people will be encouraged to do the right thing and become responsible drivers."
llow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)