P&G brings back Old Spice guy as MANta Claus
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 December 2011 10:38AM
Procter & Gamble (P&G) has launched a Christmas viral campaign for its Old Spice brand using its now iconic Old Spice guy, Isaiah Mustafa, as the festive MANta Claus.
The digital campaign, created by Wieden + Kennedy, features a series of online videos in which Mustafa, filmed in a log cabin surrounded by Christmas gifts and fairy lights, and standing in a towel and a scarf, acts as the modern-day Santa Claus.
Mustafa pledges to give Christmas gifts to all seven billion people in the world on YouTube this week, which the viral videos will keep a record of to prove to consumers.
In the video above, he features in a mock news report delivering weather to San Diego.
Each video ends with the picture of a map to show which part of the world has just received a gift, using the strapline: "MANta Claus. 1 man, 7 billion gifts."
So far, the Old Spice Guy has given gifts to the whole of Switzerland, "who long ago came up with the idea of being peaceful"; to all the "unblinking insomniacs" living in Alaska; to all the elderly ladies "whose age is only matched by [their] devastating beauty and treasured brain wisdom", and countless others.
Old Spice brand last filmed a series of videos for the brand in July, when a new "hunk", Fabio, was introduced as a character to the ad run, competing with Mustafa.
llow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief