P&G brings back Old Spice guy as MANta Claus
Procter & Gamble (P&G) has launched a Christmas viral campaign for its Old Spice brand using its now iconic Old Spice guy, Isaiah Mustafa, as the festive MANta Claus.
The digital campaign, created by Wieden + Kennedy, features a series of online videos in which Mustafa, filmed in a log cabin surrounded by Christmas gifts and fairy lights, and standing in a towel and a scarf, acts as the modern-day Santa Claus.
Mustafa pledges to give Christmas gifts to all seven billion people in the world on YouTube this week, which the viral videos will keep a record of to prove to consumers.
In the video above, he features in a mock news report delivering weather to San Diego.
Each video ends with the picture of a map to show which part of the world has just received a gift, using the strapline: "MANta Claus. 1 man, 7 billion gifts."
So far, the Old Spice Guy has given gifts to the whole of Switzerland, "who long ago came up with the idea of being peaceful"; to all the "unblinking insomniacs" living in Alaska; to all the elderly ladies "whose age is only matched by [their] devastating beauty and treasured brain wisdom", and countless others.
Old Spice brand last filmed a series of videos for the brand in July, when a new "hunk", Fabio, was introduced as a character to the ad run, competing with Mustafa.
llow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager - digitally focussed for Creativepool Creativepool Negotiable, Clerkenwell
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency