P&G brings back Old Spice guy as MANta Claus
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 December 2011 10:38AM
Procter & Gamble (P&G) has launched a Christmas viral campaign for its Old Spice brand using its now iconic Old Spice guy, Isaiah Mustafa, as the festive MANta Claus.
The digital campaign, created by Wieden + Kennedy, features a series of online videos in which Mustafa, filmed in a log cabin surrounded by Christmas gifts and fairy lights, and standing in a towel and a scarf, acts as the modern-day Santa Claus.
Mustafa pledges to give Christmas gifts to all seven billion people in the world on YouTube this week, which the viral videos will keep a record of to prove to consumers.
In the video above, he features in a mock news report delivering weather to San Diego.
Each video ends with the picture of a map to show which part of the world has just received a gift, using the strapline: "MANta Claus. 1 man, 7 billion gifts."
So far, the Old Spice Guy has given gifts to the whole of Switzerland, "who long ago came up with the idea of being peaceful"; to all the "unblinking insomniacs" living in Alaska; to all the elderly ladies "whose age is only matched by [their] devastating beauty and treasured brain wisdom", and countless others.
Old Spice brand last filmed a series of videos for the brand in July, when a new "hunk", Fabio, was introduced as a character to the ad run, competing with Mustafa.
llow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Direct Marketing & Social Media Manager FMCG Connect £30,000 - £35,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits, Newark, Nottinghamshire
- SAM - Tech Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot