Gatorade repositions with "Game Changer" campaign
Gatorade, the sports drink brand, is repositioning in the UK as a sports nutrition product for athletes as it launches a new "G Series Pro" range and a supporting marketing campaign.
The brand is switching from a sports hydration drink to a sports nutrition drink to better target athletes. The new G Series Pro range includes a complete choice of nutritional products to help athletes to "prime, perform and recover, ahead of, during and after exercise".
The supporting "Game Changer" marketing campaign, created by Iris, will feature press, outdoor, digital and point of sale activity. The campaign will run across health and sporting press, while outdoor activity will include leisure and sports club outlets.
Gatorade will also provide bespoke chillers, posters, shelf talkers and free-standing pop up shelves to further drive sales.
PepsiCo, which owns Gatorade, has a bottling agreement in the UK with Britvic, who are producing the brand.
Jon Evans, head of Gatorade marketing at Britvic, said: "The launch of the Gatorade G Series Pro gives us a great opportunity to reposition Gatorade to an audience of athletes who are passionate about exercise and elite level sport.
"Gatorade is the most researched sports nutrition drink and with the line already established in the US we feel we’re in a great position to offer a fantastic product.
"The brand’s relationships with athletes and scientists further adds credibility to the range. Gatorade has great testimonials from professionals such as David Brailsford, British Cycling’s Performance Director, who has recognised the gains that Gatorade provides his team."
Gatorade rebranded as "G" in the UK in March, to appeal to more athletes and active consumers as PepsiCo moved the brand towards a global identity.
Two months later, PepsiCo carried out a marketing reshuffle, shifting its Quaker Oats UK marketing director, Hayley Stringfellow, to Gatorade's marketing director.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive | Ã‚£25,000 | Automotive Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£22000.00 - Ã‚£25000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Junior Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£20000.00 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, London
- Middle-Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£30000.00 - Ã‚£40000 per annum, London
- Social & Content Account Manager - Travel - London Major Players Ã‚£27000 - Ã‚£33000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Account Director - Integrated Marketing Stonor £45,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience, Surrey
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton