Boots seizes top spot in BR app chart
By Matthew Chapman, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 09 December 2011 11:44AM
Boots Opticians' Eye Check app has surged to the top of the charts this week, leapfrogging the Coca-Cola Christmas app, which claimed second place.
The Eye Check app allows users to carry out some of the checks done by a professional optometrist.
Boots says the app is designed to encourage people to look after their vision and eye health, but does not intend the app to replace routine check-ups with a professional.
The Coca-Cola Christmas app, which allows the creation of virtual snow globes, continues to climb steadily, but could not compete with the surge in popularity of the ‘Eye Check by Boots’ app.
Argos returned to the chart this week with its app that allows consumers to check stock and reserve items at the store of their choice until the end of the following day.
It was recently given an update that includes an automatic reminder and reservation history.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'