Boots seizes top spot in BR app chart
By Matthew Chapman, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 09 December 2011 11:44AM
Boots Opticians' Eye Check app has surged to the top of the charts this week, leapfrogging the Coca-Cola Christmas app, which claimed second place.
The Eye Check app allows users to carry out some of the checks done by a professional optometrist.
Boots says the app is designed to encourage people to look after their vision and eye health, but does not intend the app to replace routine check-ups with a professional.
The Coca-Cola Christmas app, which allows the creation of virtual snow globes, continues to climb steadily, but could not compete with the surge in popularity of the ‘Eye Check by Boots’ app.
Argos returned to the chart this week with its app that allows consumers to check stock and reserve items at the store of their choice until the end of the following day.
It was recently given an update that includes an automatic reminder and reservation history.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Performance Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration