Boots seizes top spot in BR app chart
Boots Opticians' Eye Check app has surged to the top of the charts this week, leapfrogging the Coca-Cola Christmas app, which claimed second place.
The Eye Check app allows users to carry out some of the checks done by a professional optometrist.
Boots says the app is designed to encourage people to look after their vision and eye health, but does not intend the app to replace routine check-ups with a professional.
The Coca-Cola Christmas app, which allows the creation of virtual snow globes, continues to climb steadily, but could not compete with the surge in popularity of the ‘Eye Check by Boots’ app.
Argos returned to the chart this week with its app that allows consumers to check stock and reserve items at the store of their choice until the end of the following day.
It was recently given an update that includes an automatic reminder and reservation history.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- account manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Media Manager - Client side PFJ £45000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance, London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers