Diageo puts £1m behind Kiss cover marketing in singles chart assault
Diageo is spending £1m on promoting a cover of the Kiss classic 'Crazy, Crazy Nights' that features in the latest Smirnoff campaign.
The song, which is now available on iTunes, features in an ad running on TV, cinema and video on demand this month that celebrates the recent global Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project.
It is almost 25 years since the original song hit number four in the UK charts in 1987. The new stripped down version is by New York producers Big Foote and features US vocalist Sun for Moon.
Neil Skinner, marketing manager for Smirnoff GB, said: "Crazy, Crazy Nights is a classic song and the ad showcases brilliant original nightlife of which Smirnoff is at the heart."
Last month the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project saw revellers in 50 countries around the world share and swap their best nightlife experiences on the same night. This year London exchanged with Kingston, Jamaica.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London
- Senior Social Analyst Lipton Fleming £33000.00 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Executive / B2C Marketing Executive Guru Careers £20 - 35k, Based in London (W8) - Commutable from Kensington, Central London, Greater London, The City