Diageo puts £1m behind Kiss cover marketing in singles chart assault
Diageo is spending £1m on promoting a cover of the Kiss classic 'Crazy, Crazy Nights' that features in the latest Smirnoff campaign.
The song, which is now available on iTunes, features in an ad running on TV, cinema and video on demand this month that celebrates the recent global Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project.
It is almost 25 years since the original song hit number four in the UK charts in 1987. The new stripped down version is by New York producers Big Foote and features US vocalist Sun for Moon.
Neil Skinner, marketing manager for Smirnoff GB, said: "Crazy, Crazy Nights is a classic song and the ad showcases brilliant original nightlife of which Smirnoff is at the heart."
Last month the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project saw revellers in 50 countries around the world share and swap their best nightlife experiences on the same night. This year London exchanged with Kingston, Jamaica.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Business Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Online Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief