Kia Picanto to sponsor 'Take Me Out'
Kia, the car marque, has signed a seven-figure deal for its Kia Picanto range to become the multimedia sponsor of the Paddy McGuiness-fronted ITV1 Saturday night dating show, 'Take Me Out'.
Each week in the show, four men have to impress 30 women in the hope of getting a date, but if the women do not like what they see or hear, they can turn off their lights and send the men home.
The sponsorship, negotiated by Havas media agency MPG Media Contacts, will include on-air idents, an online presence, mobile and licensing rights and Kia will also activate elements of the sponsorship in its showrooms.
The series is expected to air early next year, but does not yet have a specific start date.
The Kia Picanto sponsorship idents will be made by Innocean Worldwide UK and David & Goliath, and will show chat-up lines being delivered to a young woman driving a Kia Picanto.
Lawrence Hamilton, general manager of marketing communications, Kia Motors, said: "‘Take Me Out’ is an ideal sponsorship property for our new small yet mighty Picanto.
"We are delighted to be sponsoring the programme as it offers a great fit with the fun nature of the new Picanto, and look forward to activating the sponsorship across our digital platforms and our dealer network."
Earlier this week, YouTube announced 'The New Kia Picanto' ad by David & Goliath was the sixth-most popular ad in the UK on the Google-owned video site, behind T-Mobile, Google Chrome, Asos, VW and Listerine.
Chris Allen, head of vision at MPG Media Contacts, said: "This is a great example of multi-platform engagement, with the right audience at the right time."
‘Take Me Out’ is made by Fremantle Media-owned production company Talkback Thames.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts