BMX sport looks for world championships sponsor ahead of the Olympics
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 12 December 2011 10:38AM
Olympic sport BMX riding is looking for a sponsor for its world championships, which take place just weeks before the start of the London 2012 Olympics.
The BMX World Championships are being held between May 24 and May 27 next year, at Birmingham's NIA (National Indoor Arena). The London 2012 Olympics takes place between July 27 and August 12.
The BMX championships are expected to be supported by a six-month promotional campaign that will run across PR, digital and experiential activity.
The events will host more than 2,000 riders from across the world, including Olympic GB hopefuls Shanaze Reade and Liam Phillips.
The event takes on extra significance in 2012 as it is the last event in which nations can secure qualification points as they strive to earn their place at the London Olympic Games.
The championships organisers are working with sponsorship agency Generate to find a sponsor.
The event is likely to attract, among others, youth market brands and extreme sport brands.
Last year's event was held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account