BMX sport looks for world championships sponsor ahead of the Olympics
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 12 December 2011 10:38AM
Olympic sport BMX riding is looking for a sponsor for its world championships, which take place just weeks before the start of the London 2012 Olympics.
The BMX World Championships are being held between May 24 and May 27 next year, at Birmingham's NIA (National Indoor Arena). The London 2012 Olympics takes place between July 27 and August 12.
The BMX championships are expected to be supported by a six-month promotional campaign that will run across PR, digital and experiential activity.
The events will host more than 2,000 riders from across the world, including Olympic GB hopefuls Shanaze Reade and Liam Phillips.
The event takes on extra significance in 2012 as it is the last event in which nations can secure qualification points as they strive to earn their place at the London Olympic Games.
The championships organisers are working with sponsorship agency Generate to find a sponsor.
The event is likely to attract, among others, youth market brands and extreme sport brands.
Last year's event was held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + benefits, London
- Junior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £35K + benefits , Central London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! to £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Manager - International Ad agency £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni