BMX sport looks for world championships sponsor ahead of the Olympics
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 12 December 2011 10:38AM
Olympic sport BMX riding is looking for a sponsor for its world championships, which take place just weeks before the start of the London 2012 Olympics.
The BMX World Championships are being held between May 24 and May 27 next year, at Birmingham's NIA (National Indoor Arena). The London 2012 Olympics takes place between July 27 and August 12.
The BMX championships are expected to be supported by a six-month promotional campaign that will run across PR, digital and experiential activity.
The events will host more than 2,000 riders from across the world, including Olympic GB hopefuls Shanaze Reade and Liam Phillips.
The event takes on extra significance in 2012 as it is the last event in which nations can secure qualification points as they strive to earn their place at the London Olympic Games.
The championships organisers are working with sponsorship agency Generate to find a sponsor.
The event is likely to attract, among others, youth market brands and extreme sport brands.
Last year's event was held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Producer Major Players £40000 - £45000 per hour + benefits, London
- Senior Research Manager Hasson Associates £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Designer AF Selection £18,000 plus - depending on experience, Warwickshire