ITV secures two England group games for Euro 2012
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 12 December 2011 12:15PM
ITV is to return to screening the final of the European Championships next year, and will show two of England's group matches, compared to the BBC's one.
In the last European Championships ITV, unlike the BBC, did not show the final of a tournament that England failed to qualify for.
ITV will screen England’s opening group match against France at 5pm on Monday 11 June and host nation Ukraine at 7.45pm on Tuesday 19 June.
The BBC will screen the match against Sweden at 7.45pm on Friday 15 June.
If England progress to the quarter-final the BBC will have the game.
All of the 31 matches in the competition will be broadcast live across BBC and ITV. They will show 16 matches each and both will have the final on 1 July.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure