ITV secures two England group games for Euro 2012
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 12 December 2011 12:15PM
ITV is to return to screening the final of the European Championships next year, and will show two of England's group matches, compared to the BBC's one.
In the last European Championships ITV, unlike the BBC, did not show the final of a tournament that England failed to qualify for.
ITV will screen England’s opening group match against France at 5pm on Monday 11 June and host nation Ukraine at 7.45pm on Tuesday 19 June.
The BBC will screen the match against Sweden at 7.45pm on Friday 15 June.
If England progress to the quarter-final the BBC will have the game.
All of the 31 matches in the competition will be broadcast live across BBC and ITV. They will show 16 matches each and both will have the final on 1 July.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business ' Mobile ' Development Manager - Cloud Services Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Competitive OTE (Negotiable), London
- Project Manager - Business Analyst - BI Salt £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Ninesharp £250 - £300 per day, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Egham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity