ITV secures two England group games for Euro 2012
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 12 December 2011 12:15PM
ITV is to return to screening the final of the European Championships next year, and will show two of England's group matches, compared to the BBC's one.
In the last European Championships ITV, unlike the BBC, did not show the final of a tournament that England failed to qualify for.
ITV will screen England’s opening group match against France at 5pm on Monday 11 June and host nation Ukraine at 7.45pm on Tuesday 19 June.
The BBC will screen the match against Sweden at 7.45pm on Friday 15 June.
If England progress to the quarter-final the BBC will have the game.
All of the 31 matches in the competition will be broadcast live across BBC and ITV. They will show 16 matches each and both will have the final on 1 July.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000, London (Greater)
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake