CBS Outdoor adds Bluetooth to London bus ad offering
CBS Outdoor UK is to offer Bluetooth connectivity to brands advertising on 100 London buses operating in central London, following a successful trial with brands such as Walkers Crisps, Lynx and Cornetto.
Through a CBS Outdoor partnership with mobile media owner BlisMobile, advertisers will be able to offer additional content to people travelling on 100 buses operating on the so-called "gold routes" through areas such as Oxford Street and Regent Street.
Brands advertising on sites inside the bus can prompt travellers to turn on the Bluetooth connectivity on their handset and accept a message to download content.
According to CBS Outdoor, in the trials there were 9,000 downloads during the four-week Walkers Crisps campaign, 4,351 downloads during the one-week Lynx campaign, and 1,363 downloads during the four-week Cornetto campaign.
Jason Cotterrell, country director at CBS Outdoor UK, said: "Bluetooth perfectly complements those who want to engage on a one-to-basis with an audience on the move, whilst not disturbing other bus commuters who don't wish to be.
"The combination of extended dwell time and the ability to interact with commuters will also make this the perfect platform for engaging with visitors during the 2012 Olympic period."
Cotterrell said CBS Outdoor hoped to roll out the technology nationwide in the future.
Charlie Smith, commercial manager at BlisMobile, said: "This partnership with CBS Outdoor UK allows us to create a unique and engaging experience for the bus commuter, which in turn, brings them much closer to campaigns."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer