Heineken to ramp up social media for Bulmers and Jacques
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 08:00AM
Heineken is ramping up its social media activity for its Bulmers and Jacques fruit cider brands, to capitalise on the conversations taking place around them in the digital space.
The drinks maker has appointed We Are Social, following a competitive pitch, to devise a social media strategy for the brands, and step up activity later in the year, in time for summer "cider season"’
A key focus for Heineken over the year will be listening to and analysing conversations taking place about the brands on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
Gareth Turner, senior brand manager for Bulmers and Jacques, said: "We need to be fleet of foot and know what people are saying about our brands online.
"We don't want to drive the conversation too much, but when someone is talking about our brands, we want to get involved."
Both brands have been active in the social media space to date. This summer, Bulmers used social media as part of an integrated marketing campaign, to promote its new red berries and lime variant.
Jacques, whose marketing consists mainly of experiential and social media, ran a competition earlier this year on its Facebook page to find three women to become the faces of the brand, and star in press ads.
Exposure was the incumbent on the accounts, with Heineken handling some of the social media work in house.
Rival cider brand Magners has also been active in social media and in September, it became the first drinks company to sell its products directly with an f-commerce app.
Last week, Heineken upped its investment in Facebook, striking a global ad partnership to deliver campaigns on the social media platform.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter: @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs