Carat lands £23m Wickes media business
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 11:55AM
Wickes, the home improvement retailer, has appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media planning and buying account.
The retailer kicked off a review in October and midway through the process the Incumbent MEC withdrew, leaving Carat to battle with Walker Media for the business.
Wickes’ marketing director, Rob Murray, and the brand director, Tony Holdway, led the process. It is understood that the contract will begin in the first quarter of 2012.
The bulk of Wickes’ media spend is channelled into TV and press, with the rest split between radio, outdoor, direct mail and online.
This year Wickes has shifted its focus beyond in-store promotions to promote its catalogues and online services.
Wickes’ creative business, handled by MWO and Libertine, was unaffected by the review. Partners Andrew Aldridge, which was appointed to oversee digital and direct activity in February, was also unaffected.
Richard Morris, the deputy managing director at Carat, said: "We are delighted to be partnering with Wickes and to put into practice much of the innovative thinking that we have developed over the last three months. Wickes enjoys a unique market position and we are keen to develop its business values further by using media in fresh ways to ensure it succeeds in a tough trading environment.’
Holdway said: "We’re incredibly pleased to confirm our new partnership with Carat. This is an exciting time at Wickes and we’re looking forward to working with Carat to help strategically drive our advertising planning, improve our effectiveness and bring fresh thinking to our brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film