Carat lands £23m Wickes media business
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 11:55AM
Wickes, the home improvement retailer, has appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media planning and buying account.
The retailer kicked off a review in October and midway through the process the Incumbent MEC withdrew, leaving Carat to battle with Walker Media for the business.
Wickes’ marketing director, Rob Murray, and the brand director, Tony Holdway, led the process. It is understood that the contract will begin in the first quarter of 2012.
The bulk of Wickes’ media spend is channelled into TV and press, with the rest split between radio, outdoor, direct mail and online.
This year Wickes has shifted its focus beyond in-store promotions to promote its catalogues and online services.
Wickes’ creative business, handled by MWO and Libertine, was unaffected by the review. Partners Andrew Aldridge, which was appointed to oversee digital and direct activity in February, was also unaffected.
Richard Morris, the deputy managing director at Carat, said: "We are delighted to be partnering with Wickes and to put into practice much of the innovative thinking that we have developed over the last three months. Wickes enjoys a unique market position and we are keen to develop its business values further by using media in fresh ways to ensure it succeeds in a tough trading environment.’
Holdway said: "We’re incredibly pleased to confirm our new partnership with Carat. This is an exciting time at Wickes and we’re looking forward to working with Carat to help strategically drive our advertising planning, improve our effectiveness and bring fresh thinking to our brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Jarlett de Grouchy £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Great benefits, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £40000 per annum, Hemel Hempstead
- PR & Analyst Relations Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £70000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch