The Independent and Evening Standard's Jon O' Donnell to speak at Media 360
By Jeremy King, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 11:22AM
Jon O'Donnell, group commercial director of The Independent, I, and the London Evening Standard, will be talking about what's next for newspapers at Media 360 in May next year.
O'Donnell's session, which will be titled "Freeing newspapers from the downward spiral", will offer insights into the issues that will define the next generation of newspaper brands, such as being alert to new possibilities and grasping nettles that have not been grasped for decades. He will also be taking a stand on trading, pricing and other issues on behalf of the whole sector.
Other speakers lined up for the event, which is taking place at the Hilton in T5 from 17-18 May 2012 include Chris Forrest, founder of The Nursery, and David Fletcher, MEC's head of analytics and insight.
Forrest will host a seminar that will explore Twittersphere beyond binary sentiment analysis ,into what people are actually saying about brands, and what is triggering these conversations. He will also focus the value of studying opinions, emotions, behaviours and attitudes expressed in the real world, without research effect, and will present a case study on why people talk about anything but sport when discussing the 2012 Olympics online.
In complete contrast, Fletcher's content will focus on the data-rich world, where information flows are unstoppable and real-time evaluation represents an exciting new frontier. He will look at the implications of a more data-focused and less research-focused media world, and what client categories can benefit from increasing advertising effectiveness through more relevance and less frequency.
More speaker sessions, including a number of client presentations, will be revealed later this week, but to secure your place at the industry's top conference, book your tickets here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Digital Gurus £35000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Lead UX / UI Designer - Mobile Start Up Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Gemini Search £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Executive, Travel - £24-27k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum, London (West), London (Greater)