Axa loses lust for life with Iggy Pop
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 12:50PM
Axa has lost its lust for life with Iggy Pop and is axing the rock star from its swiftcover.com ads, replacing him with celebrity-voiced animated dogs.
The aging rock star has been fronting the swiftcover.com 'Get A Life' campaign since 2009.
Axa claimed that Pop had made motor insurance interesting for a change, along with lifting up sales.
The new campaign, created by existing ad agency MWO, features speaking dogs.
The Swiftbrothers are a boxer named Sid and a beagle called Johnny, who live in Barkswell near their Mum and Dad, Grandpa, the rest of their family, and their mates.
Every day is a new adventure for the dogs, who are voiced by former Happy Mondays dancer Bez, by radio and TV presenters Chris Evans and Noddy Holder, and League of Gentlemen duo Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton.
The ad campaign will launch in the New Year, initially through Facebook, for two days on December 30 and December 31, before airing on TV from January 2 next year.
Further social media activity will continue through 2012.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Copywriter Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Peterborough
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Software SolutionsPT To £30,000 + Bonus and Generous Benefits, SK8 3GX, Cheadle
- Senior Research Executive Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff