Campaign Viral Chart: Coke ad holds on to top spot
Coca-Cola's short film about families reuniting in the Philippines is the most shared ad for a second week running, notching up 474,121 shares in the past seven days.
The film by McCann Erickson Philippines has now been shared in 708,758 Facebook status updates, 4,365 tweets and 117 blog posts, making an all-time total of 713,240 shares across the web.
David Attenborough's Wonderful World roundup, aired after the 'Frozen Planet' series finale, enters the chart in third position, with 132,144 shares this week.
It was the most popular ad on Facebook and featured in 133,348 status updates, 4,166 tweets and 136 blog posts.
The John Lewis Christmas ad dropped out of the chart this week, leaving space for Harvey Nichols' Christmas offering to enter the top five as well as festive ads from T-Mobile, EA Sports and Walmart.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Coca-Cola 'where will happiness strike next' by McCann Erickson Philippines
474,121 shares this week
All time: 713,240 shares
2. Nokia 'Deadmau5 4D projection' by Mission Media
163,085 shares this week
All time: 428,174 shares
3. BBC 'it's a wonderful world' by RKCR/Y&R
132,144 shares this week
All time: 137,650 shares
4. GetUp! 'it's time' by Motion Picture Company
115,077 shares this week
All time: 1,074,631 shares
5. Harvey Nichols 'the walk of shame' by DDB London
58,821 shares this week
All time: 79,256 shares
6. Pacific Standard Time 'Ice Cube celebrates the Eames' by TBWA/Chiat/Day LA
56,023 shares this week
All time: 60,411 shares
7. T-Mobile 'home for the holidays' by Optimedia
47,149 shares this week
All time: 56,467 shares
8. EA Sports 'FIFA 12 christmas' by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam
45,307 shares this week
All time: 74,476 shares
9. Walmart 'yodelling cat' by The Martin Agency
44,720 shares this week
All time: 47,007 shares
10. Brooks Brothers 'a holiday miracle' by Moxie Pictures
39,797 shares this week
All time: 55,016 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Coca-Cola to boost brand spend by up to $400m
- Campaign Viral Chart: Coca-Cola Tunisia takes top spot
- Campaign Viral Chart: Vinnie Jones BHF ad comes in 'hard and fast'
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google's review of 2011 is most-shared ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: Coke's Filipino fillip becomes most shared
- Which ads were most shared in 2011?
- Campaign Viral Chart: Justin Bieber steals the top spot
- Campaign Viral Chart: John Lewis Christmas ad is top of the tree
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - SOCIAL MEDIA - Integrated agency - London - £40-45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k, London
- Russian speaking PPC Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, Middlesex
- Direct Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £13 per hour, Cambridge
- Digital Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £22000 - £30000 per annum, Bournemouth
- Fashion Account Director Michael Page Digital £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
Chronicles of Cannes – The Arrival
The annual advertising hajj that is the Cannes Lions has kicked off in a steamy haze of rosé, Brazilians and flashy boats. Twelve thousand delegates are desperately seeking out free drinks in between trying to squeeze into packed talks by a mix of celebs, industry legends, wannabes and hasbeens.