Global Radio backs 20th Century Fox film promotion
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 16 December 2011 10:22AM
Global Radio has teamed up with 20th Century Fox to promote 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked', which, for the first time, will include one of the film's character co-hosting on the Heart Network as part of the activity.
On Christmas Day, Heart DJ Jason Donovan will share the microphone with Alvin, a character from the film, as part of the promotion.
Alvin will host two hours of the show with Jason, "sharing Christmas stories and their favourite Christmas songs."
Additional activity will include Heart London's breakfast hosts, Jamie Theakston and Emma Bunton, running a daily competition to win a luxury island family holiday. There will also be trails and live reads, accompanied by information online.
Mike Gordon, Global Radio's managing director for commercial, said: "This is the first time we have teamed up with a commercial partner to have a character co-presenting a show and we're sure it will be entertaining to say the least.
"This promotion follows hot on the heels of the Capital promotion, which saw the Chipmunks interview some of the talent backstage at the Jingle Bell Ball and we're pleased to be working with 20th Century Fox to promote the film again."
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham