Global Radio backs 20th Century Fox film promotion
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 16 December 2011 10:22AM
Global Radio has teamed up with 20th Century Fox to promote 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked', which, for the first time, will include one of the film's character co-hosting on the Heart Network as part of the activity.
On Christmas Day, Heart DJ Jason Donovan will share the microphone with Alvin, a character from the film, as part of the promotion.
Alvin will host two hours of the show with Jason, "sharing Christmas stories and their favourite Christmas songs."
Additional activity will include Heart London's breakfast hosts, Jamie Theakston and Emma Bunton, running a daily competition to win a luxury island family holiday. There will also be trails and live reads, accompanied by information online.
Mike Gordon, Global Radio's managing director for commercial, said: "This is the first time we have teamed up with a commercial partner to have a character co-presenting a show and we're sure it will be entertaining to say the least.
"This promotion follows hot on the heels of the Capital promotion, which saw the Chipmunks interview some of the talent backstage at the Jingle Bell Ball and we're pleased to be working with 20th Century Fox to promote the film again."
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'