BBC pitches £5m media account for Licence Fee
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 16 December 2011 11:07AM
The BBC is to pitch its £5m media planning and buying account for its Licence Fee and Marketing and Audiences units.
Peter Kirk, head of sales and marketing for BBC TV Licensing, said: "The type of media bought by the BBC has changed over the last few years, with a steady rise in digital space and outdoor media.
"More than half of the media bought by BBC Marketing & Audiences last year was digital, giving us the opportunity to communicate with our audiences using display and mobile channels."
The pitch has been called "to improve financial efficiencies while retaining a focus on quality and creativity," according to the corporation.
The business will be awarded for an initial three-year period.
Media agencies will be invited to complete and submit a pre-qualification questionnaire by 25 January 2012.
A shortlist of agencies will be selected and invited to formally tender for the business in March 2012.
Simon Lloyd, director of media engagement and marketing and audiences north, said the successful agency would be required to work closely with the BBC's Media Engagement team to assist in the media planning and buying of all non-BBC media.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior AV Planner Aspire £28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Kingsgate Recruitment to £25,000 - £30,000, Clapham Town, London (Greater)
- POS Assistant Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Client Services Director - Sydney Australia Twist Recruitment £105000 per annum, Eastern Suburbs Sydney
- TV Buyer - £26K - HUGE Client! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign