BBC pitches £5m media account for Licence Fee
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 16 December 2011 11:07AM
The BBC is to pitch its £5m media planning and buying account for its Licence Fee and Marketing and Audiences units.
Peter Kirk, head of sales and marketing for BBC TV Licensing, said: "The type of media bought by the BBC has changed over the last few years, with a steady rise in digital space and outdoor media.
"More than half of the media bought by BBC Marketing & Audiences last year was digital, giving us the opportunity to communicate with our audiences using display and mobile channels."
The pitch has been called "to improve financial efficiencies while retaining a focus on quality and creativity," according to the corporation.
The business will be awarded for an initial three-year period.
Media agencies will be invited to complete and submit a pre-qualification questionnaire by 25 January 2012.
A shortlist of agencies will be selected and invited to formally tender for the business in March 2012.
Simon Lloyd, director of media engagement and marketing and audiences north, said the successful agency would be required to work closely with the BBC's Media Engagement team to assist in the media planning and buying of all non-BBC media.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'