Sainsbury's readies Jamie Oliver montage campaign
Sainsbury's is launching a TV advert that features a montage of its Jamie Oliver campaigns to celebrate the end of its 11-year partnership with the celebrity chef.
The advert, created by AMV BBDO, is designed to show how far the company has come as a brand rather than sell Christmas or any one product.
Sainsbury's will launch the ad on Tuesday 20 December during 'Jamie's Christmas with Bells On' on Channel 4.
It will also run on 28 December during 'The Best Ads of 2011' on ITV. Media planning and buying has been handled by PHD.
The montage will be supported by a Facebook campaign that will run from 20 December up until 30 December.
Facebook activity will detail why Oliver chose to work with Sainsbury's, his contribution to the "try something new today" brand message and his experiences of filming the adverts.
Sainsbury's dropped its "try something new today" strapline in September in favour of the "live well for less" positioning to reflect its customers' financial pressures.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Place Marketing Tomorrow Recruitment £42000.00 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Account executive, brand and communications agency, London Gabriele Skelton £22000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Flash Designer Source £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Major Players £25000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Planner The Real Adventure Unlimited... £40-55,000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package, Bristol/Leeds
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers