Zeebox launches iPhone app
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 19 December 2011 11:49AM
Social media and online television platform Zeebox has launched an iPhone app to compliment the iPad app launched in October.
The free iPhone app will be available on the iTunes app store, and will allow users to connect with friends through the site's social media capabilities, find more information about programmes and engage in ecommerce activity.
Ernesto Schmitt, co-founder and chief executive of Zeebox, said: "With the iPhone app we can now reach a large portion of the UK population with an app that is incredibly intuitive and contextually smart.
"It makes broadcast TV relevant and engaging in a whole new way."
Zeebox was launched this October and founded by Anthony Rose, the former chief technology officer at BBC iPlayer and Schmitt and ex board director of EMI along with film director Simon Miller, Max Bleyleben and Alex Numes.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey