Zeebox launches iPhone app
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 19 December 2011 11:49AM
Social media and online television platform Zeebox has launched an iPhone app to compliment the iPad app launched in October.
The free iPhone app will be available on the iTunes app store, and will allow users to connect with friends through the site's social media capabilities, find more information about programmes and engage in ecommerce activity.
Ernesto Schmitt, co-founder and chief executive of Zeebox, said: "With the iPhone app we can now reach a large portion of the UK population with an app that is incredibly intuitive and contextually smart.
"It makes broadcast TV relevant and engaging in a whole new way."
Zeebox was launched this October and founded by Anthony Rose, the former chief technology officer at BBC iPlayer and Schmitt and ex board director of EMI along with film director Simon Miller, Max Bleyleben and Alex Numes.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers