Zeebox launches iPhone app
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 19 December 2011 11:49AM
Social media and online television platform Zeebox has launched an iPhone app to compliment the iPad app launched in October.
The free iPhone app will be available on the iTunes app store, and will allow users to connect with friends through the site's social media capabilities, find more information about programmes and engage in ecommerce activity.
Ernesto Schmitt, co-founder and chief executive of Zeebox, said: "With the iPhone app we can now reach a large portion of the UK population with an app that is incredibly intuitive and contextually smart.
"It makes broadcast TV relevant and engaging in a whole new way."
Zeebox was launched this October and founded by Anthony Rose, the former chief technology officer at BBC iPlayer and Schmitt and ex board director of EMI along with film director Simon Miller, Max Bleyleben and Alex Numes.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure