Zeebox launches iPhone app
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 19 December 2011 11:49AM
Social media and online television platform Zeebox has launched an iPhone app to compliment the iPad app launched in October.
The free iPhone app will be available on the iTunes app store, and will allow users to connect with friends through the site's social media capabilities, find more information about programmes and engage in ecommerce activity.
Ernesto Schmitt, co-founder and chief executive of Zeebox, said: "With the iPhone app we can now reach a large portion of the UK population with an app that is incredibly intuitive and contextually smart.
"It makes broadcast TV relevant and engaging in a whole new way."
Zeebox was launched this October and founded by Anthony Rose, the former chief technology officer at BBC iPlayer and Schmitt and ex board director of EMI along with film director Simon Miller, Max Bleyleben and Alex Numes.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London