Zeebox launches iPhone app
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 19 December 2011 11:49AM
Social media and online television platform Zeebox has launched an iPhone app to compliment the iPad app launched in October.
The free iPhone app will be available on the iTunes app store, and will allow users to connect with friends through the site's social media capabilities, find more information about programmes and engage in ecommerce activity.
Ernesto Schmitt, co-founder and chief executive of Zeebox, said: "With the iPhone app we can now reach a large portion of the UK population with an app that is incredibly intuitive and contextually smart.
"It makes broadcast TV relevant and engaging in a whole new way."
Zeebox was launched this October and founded by Anthony Rose, the former chief technology officer at BBC iPlayer and Schmitt and ex board director of EMI along with film director Simon Miller, Max Bleyleben and Alex Numes.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'