MPG Media Contacts signs sponsorship deal for Channel 4's New Girl
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 22 December 2011 11:02AM
Perfume company Nina Ricci is to promote its brand Nina through a sponsorship deal for Channel 4 acquisition 'New Girl'.
The deal was brokered by MPG Media Contacts and covers on-screen sponsorship across Channel 4 and digital channel E4, as well as 4oD on Channel4.com and Virgin Media and is aimed at the perfume brand's target audience of 15- to 25-year-old women.
Claire Toland, account director of MPG Media Contacts, said: "We're really excited to be the sponsor of 'New Girl'. It is a perfect match for Nina and offers a strong partner through which to express the brand values throughout 2012."
'New Girl' will debut on Channel Four in January and stars Zooey Deschanel as Jess who answers an accommodation ad and ends up sharing with three single men.
The show premiered in the US with more than 10 million viewers, making it the Fox network's highest-rated autumn sit-com debut in a decade.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Soccerex £35,000 - £38,000 depending on experience, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Premier Consultants up to £32,000 plus benefits,
- Senior Brand Manager Premier Consultants c.£64k plus benefits, Kent
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents