Virgin Atlantic sales and marketing director Paul Dickinson departs
Virgin Atlantic sales and marketing director Paul Dickinson is leaving the company after 10 years.
Dickinson is responsible for the airlines global sales, marketing, e-commerce, contact centres and customer relations.
He is leaving the airline to join Christies auction house. He joined Virgin in 2001 as sales and distribution director before being promoted his current role in 2006, replacing marketing director Alison Copus.
Dickinson was behind Virgin Atlantic's £10m global advertising campaign, which launched last year with a series of bullish ads created by RKCR/Y&R, playing off the strapline, "Your airline's either got it or it hasn't".
Previously, Dickinson worked for the RAC as director of sales and marketing and Granada PLC as director of sales and marketing for Air Travel Group. He also worked at Air Miles as travel products director and Visa International as marketing manager for Travel and Entertainment.
A spokesperson for Virgin Atlantic said: "Paul has been instrumental in driving revenues, improving customer service and building the brand reputation and has made a fantastic contribution to the airline.
"Everyone at Virgin Atlantic wishes Paul the best of luck in his new position."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Virgin Atlantic poaches BBC's Simon Lloyd for top marketing role
- Branson-shaped ice cubes take off on selected Virgin flights
- Branson seeks to block BMI takeover by IAG
- Tesco boosts Clubcard with Virgin Atlantic partnership
- Major travel brands launch January sale onslaught
- Virgin Atlantic 'je ne sais quoi. defined' by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
- Virgin Atlantic launches £10m global ad campaign in the UK
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Online Marketing Assistant Michael Page Digital GBP9 per hour, Hemel Hempstead
- Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital GBP24000 - GBP26000 per annum, Reading
- Digital Assistant Brand Manager Michael Page Digital GBP13 per hour, Hemel Hempstead
- Digital Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital GBP28000 - GBP34000 per annum, Sheffield
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.