Charles Allen and Peter Bazalgette knighted in New Year's honours list
Charles Allen, chairman of Global Radio and former chief executive of ITV, and Peter Bazalgette, the man who brought 'Big Brother' to the UK, have been given knighthoods as part of the New Year's honours list.
Allen, who is also chair of the nations and regions group of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, was awarded the rank of knight bachelor for his services to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
Bazalgette, the creator of shows such as ‘Ready Steady Cook’, ‘Changing Rooms’ and ‘Ground Force’, was made a knight bachelor in recognition of his services to broadcasting.
Jonathan Ive, senior vice-president of industrial design at Apple, was appointed to the higher ranking position of a knight commander of the most excellent order of the British Empire (KBE) in recognition of his services to design and enterprise.
Andrew William Brown, the former director general of the Advertising Association was awarded a commander of the order of the British Empire (CBE) in recognition of his services to the advertising industry.
Surjit Singh Ghuman, founder of the Punjabi radio station Panjab Radio was given the rank of member of the order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to broadcasting in the list.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media