Charles Allen and Peter Bazalgette knighted in New Year's honours list
Charles Allen, chairman of Global Radio and former chief executive of ITV, and Peter Bazalgette, the man who brought 'Big Brother' to the UK, have been given knighthoods as part of the New Year's honours list.
Allen, who is also chair of the nations and regions group of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, was awarded the rank of knight bachelor for his services to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
Bazalgette, the creator of shows such as ‘Ready Steady Cook’, ‘Changing Rooms’ and ‘Ground Force’, was made a knight bachelor in recognition of his services to broadcasting.
Jonathan Ive, senior vice-president of industrial design at Apple, was appointed to the higher ranking position of a knight commander of the most excellent order of the British Empire (KBE) in recognition of his services to design and enterprise.
Andrew William Brown, the former director general of the Advertising Association was awarded a commander of the order of the British Empire (CBE) in recognition of his services to the advertising industry.
Surjit Singh Ghuman, founder of the Punjabi radio station Panjab Radio was given the rank of member of the order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to broadcasting in the list.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake