Charles Allen and Peter Bazalgette knighted in New Year's honours list
Charles Allen, chairman of Global Radio and former chief executive of ITV, and Peter Bazalgette, the man who brought 'Big Brother' to the UK, have been given knighthoods as part of the New Year's honours list.
Allen, who is also chair of the nations and regions group of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, was awarded the rank of knight bachelor for his services to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
Bazalgette, the creator of shows such as ‘Ready Steady Cook’, ‘Changing Rooms’ and ‘Ground Force’, was made a knight bachelor in recognition of his services to broadcasting.
Jonathan Ive, senior vice-president of industrial design at Apple, was appointed to the higher ranking position of a knight commander of the most excellent order of the British Empire (KBE) in recognition of his services to design and enterprise.
Andrew William Brown, the former director general of the Advertising Association was awarded a commander of the order of the British Empire (CBE) in recognition of his services to the advertising industry.
Surjit Singh Ghuman, founder of the Punjabi radio station Panjab Radio was given the rank of member of the order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to broadcasting in the list.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show