Charles Allen and Peter Bazalgette knighted in New Year's honours list
Charles Allen, chairman of Global Radio and former chief executive of ITV, and Peter Bazalgette, the man who brought 'Big Brother' to the UK, have been given knighthoods as part of the New Year's honours list.
Allen, who is also chair of the nations and regions group of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, was awarded the rank of knight bachelor for his services to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
Bazalgette, the creator of shows such as ‘Ready Steady Cook’, ‘Changing Rooms’ and ‘Ground Force’, was made a knight bachelor in recognition of his services to broadcasting.
Jonathan Ive, senior vice-president of industrial design at Apple, was appointed to the higher ranking position of a knight commander of the most excellent order of the British Empire (KBE) in recognition of his services to design and enterprise.
Andrew William Brown, the former director general of the Advertising Association was awarded a commander of the order of the British Empire (CBE) in recognition of his services to the advertising industry.
Surjit Singh Ghuman, founder of the Punjabi radio station Panjab Radio was given the rank of member of the order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to broadcasting in the list.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Digital Designer/Developer Major Players £200 - £400 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief