Autoglass casts Facebook competition winner in TV ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 January 2012 08:53AM
Car windscreen repair specialist Autoglass has crowdsourced the star of its new TV ad from Facebook for the first time.
Motorist Ian Graham won the Facebook competition.
Traditionally, the brand uses its own staff in its ads, which feature the catchy jingle, "Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace," and are created by the brand's ad agency Tellyville.
Graham plays a minor role as a disgruntled motorist, frustrated at rising petrol prices and the cost of running his car.
He then becomes even more annoyed when he finds his windscreen is chipped, before realising it doesn't have to be expensive with Autoglass.
More than 137 people entered the Facebook competition on the Autoglass social networking page.
Entrants were asked to post a video or picture of themselves, their friends and family, with their cars. A shortlist was drawn up and the finalists were invited to complete a short audition to camera, which was judged by the Autoglass marketing team.
Tim Craig was the creative director on the ad, working alongside creative Ben Fairman. Outlook was the production company.
David Meliveo, marketing director at Autoglass, said: "At Autoglass, we love putting our staff at the forefront of our brand, but we thought we'd experiment to include our valued customers as well.
"There were some fantastic entries to our Facebook competition, but Ian was such an absolute natural in front of the camera."
Graham said: "It's been such a great experience to see behind the scenes of filming an advert and how it all comes together."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned