Asics ad extols non-professional athletes
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 January 2012 12:24PM
Asics, the sports footwear and equipment specialist, has signed up non-professional athletes to appear in its global TV campaign, which focuses on the work and dedication needed to become a top athlete.
The campaign follows a review of the Asics brand, which concluded it needed to push its credentials as a "true sports" brand.
The campaign, created by 180 Amsterdam and entitled 'Made of Sport', celebrates the athlete's journey to personal victory, including their early morning and the late night training.
It is running internationally across TV, print and digital. As part of the campaign, Asics has commissioned six short films in which individuals discuss their motivation to be the best and succeed.
The advertising campaign will run in January across Europe, beginning in the UK and Germany, on channels including Eurosport.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing and Communications Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Associate Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Jarlett de Grouchy £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Great benefits, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch