Asics ad extols non-professional athletes
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 January 2012 12:24PM
Asics, the sports footwear and equipment specialist, has signed up non-professional athletes to appear in its global TV campaign, which focuses on the work and dedication needed to become a top athlete.
The campaign follows a review of the Asics brand, which concluded it needed to push its credentials as a "true sports" brand.
The campaign, created by 180 Amsterdam and entitled 'Made of Sport', celebrates the athlete's journey to personal victory, including their early morning and the late night training.
It is running internationally across TV, print and digital. As part of the campaign, Asics has commissioned six short films in which individuals discuss their motivation to be the best and succeed.
The advertising campaign will run in January across Europe, beginning in the UK and Germany, on channels including Eurosport.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR & Social Media Executive - top agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £23k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Freelance Product/ Industrial Designer Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Royds Raphael £37k-£45k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...