Asics ad extols non-professional athletes
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 January 2012 12:24PM
Asics, the sports footwear and equipment specialist, has signed up non-professional athletes to appear in its global TV campaign, which focuses on the work and dedication needed to become a top athlete.
The campaign follows a review of the Asics brand, which concluded it needed to push its credentials as a "true sports" brand.
The campaign, created by 180 Amsterdam and entitled 'Made of Sport', celebrates the athlete's journey to personal victory, including their early morning and the late night training.
It is running internationally across TV, print and digital. As part of the campaign, Asics has commissioned six short films in which individuals discuss their motivation to be the best and succeed.
The advertising campaign will run in January across Europe, beginning in the UK and Germany, on channels including Eurosport.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, City of London
- Junior Product Owner / Business Analyst - Mobile Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, package etc, London
- Digital PM with CMS build exp Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £17000 - £22000 Per Annum DOE, Wilmslow
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity