Asics ad extols non-professional athletes
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 January 2012 12:24PM
Asics, the sports footwear and equipment specialist, has signed up non-professional athletes to appear in its global TV campaign, which focuses on the work and dedication needed to become a top athlete.
The campaign follows a review of the Asics brand, which concluded it needed to push its credentials as a "true sports" brand.
The campaign, created by 180 Amsterdam and entitled 'Made of Sport', celebrates the athlete's journey to personal victory, including their early morning and the late night training.
It is running internationally across TV, print and digital. As part of the campaign, Asics has commissioned six short films in which individuals discuss their motivation to be the best and succeed.
The advertising campaign will run in January across Europe, beginning in the UK and Germany, on channels including Eurosport.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham