Campaign Viral Chart: Google's review of 2011 is most-shared ad
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 January 2012 11:00AM
A short film promoting Google's Zeitgeist search-data aggregation website with a look back at "how the world searched in 2011, is the most-shared ad this week, with 127,101 mentions across the social web.
The ad, created by agency Whirled, has generated 476,022 Facebook status updates, 54,529 tweets and 1,875 blog posts since it was published.
Another ad from Google, promoting Google+ hangouts and featuring The Muppets, was a success across social networks with 2,659 shares in the last seven days, ranking fifth in the chart.
Echoing its viral successes at the end of 2011, Coca Cola entered the top five with just under 10,000 shares this week with its Spanish "superhéroes" adv.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Google 'Zeitgeist 2011' by Whirled
123,462 shares this week
All time: 534,950 shares
2. Nitro Circus 'Nitro Circus the movie' by Red Bull Media House
28,316 shares this week
All time: 67,067 shares
3. GEICO 'Maxwell the pig returns' by The Martin Agency
15,167 shares this week
All time: 25,965 shares
4. Coca Cola 'superhéroes' by Ogilvy & Mather Spain
9,936 shares this week
All time: 14,748 shares
5. Google 'The Muppets rock out' in-house
4,200 shares this week
All time: 13,630 shares
6. EA 'Star Wars: the old republic' in-house
3,815 shares this week
All time: 110,605 shares
7. LG 'fashion industry exposed' by Y&R New York
3,138 shares this week
All time: 42,654 shares
8. Libra 'tampons' by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
2,334 shares this week
All time: 3,903 shares
9. Peugeot 'motion and emotion' by BD Network
1,670 shares this week
All time: 21,564 shares
10. Nike '#makeitcount' by AKQA
845 shares this week
All time: 1,286 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Research Project Manager-clientside Elizabeth Norman International £28000 - £35000 per annum, Oxford
- Editorial Assistant - Russian Propel £20000 - £22000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment salary negotiable , Bury St. Edmunds