OMD swoops for Arena Media's Dan Clays
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 January 2012 11:35AM
OMD UK has appointed Dan Clays, the chief strategy and development officer at Arena Media, as its managing director.
The appointment comes six months after the announcement that former managing director of OMD, Jonathan Allan, was moving to Channel 4 as sales director.
Steve Williams, the chief executive of OMD, said in an email sent to staff: "After an interesting and extensive search for the right person, I am delighted to let you know that we have secured the next managing director for OMD UK.
"Dan is an exceptionally talented operator, as proficient in the digital and data world as he is within the core planning and buying disciplines … He's a terrific bloke who will fit into our culture perfectly."
While a start date has yet to be finalised it is understood that OMD is in negotiations with Arena Media to secure Clays by March.
Clays previously worked as a TV planner and buyer for Carat and PHD. After PHD, he joined Arena Media’s digital unit, Arena Quantum, becoming managing director of the operation in 2004.
He has since taken on a broader role at the agency and has been responsible for shaping the agency’s positioning and commercial approach to developing products and services.
Clays said: "I am thrilled to be joining OMD UK and really looking forward to working with Steve and everyone in the business to build on the agency’s enviable heritage in creativity and innovation.
"OMD has great talent and an emphasis on culture that hits you when you walk through the door. OMD UK is uniquely placed to drive their clients’ businesses and prosper from the pace of change today.
"After 12 fantastic years, it was time for a new challenge but I am confident that Arena is in really great shape following a fantastic 2011 and a compelling new proposition in place."
Follow Katherine Levy on Twitter @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Affiliate marketing executive Salt £150 - £200 per day, City of London
- Account Manager- DM Source £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Online Marketing Assistant - 9 month maternity cover Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Northampton
- PPC Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager (creative) Source £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity