Lucozade replaces Tinie Tempah with sporting stars
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 January 2012 09:14AM
Lucozade is revamping its strategy behind Lucozade Sport and is replacing rapper Tinie Tempah with a clutch of sporting stars to front a new advertising campaign.
The GSK-owned brand is running a multi-million advertising campaign, which will be fronted by runner Mo Farah, triple jumper Phillips Idowu, gymnast Louis Smith and Manchester United footballer Ashley Young.
Grey has created four 30-seconds ads for the campaign, which revert back to Lucozade Sport's core roots under the slogan "Faster. Stronger. For Longer". It will also run across outdoor.
Last year, Lucozade Sport's 'Yes' campaign featured Tempah, in a move away from its sporting roots.
The latest advertising push will still include the "yes" tag, as the company believes it will be just as effective for sport.
Tempah, meanwhile, is likely to continue to support Lucozade Energy.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Executive - NOW TV Sky negotiable, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits,
- Account Executive and Senior Account Executive air recruitment Up to £23K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Planner/Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Senior Account Director - Healthcare Advertising Agency - Berkshire - £60k - £65k - NP100 Stonor £60k - £65k, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show