Lucozade replaces Tinie Tempah with sporting stars
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 January 2012 09:14AM
Lucozade is revamping its strategy behind Lucozade Sport and is replacing rapper Tinie Tempah with a clutch of sporting stars to front a new advertising campaign.
The GSK-owned brand is running a multi-million advertising campaign, which will be fronted by runner Mo Farah, triple jumper Phillips Idowu, gymnast Louis Smith and Manchester United footballer Ashley Young.
Grey has created four 30-seconds ads for the campaign, which revert back to Lucozade Sport's core roots under the slogan "Faster. Stronger. For Longer". It will also run across outdoor.
Last year, Lucozade Sport's 'Yes' campaign featured Tempah, in a move away from its sporting roots.
The latest advertising push will still include the "yes" tag, as the company believes it will be just as effective for sport.
Tempah, meanwhile, is likely to continue to support Lucozade Energy.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquisition (12 month FTC) PSD Group Up to £57K + package, London (Greater)
- Partnership & Affiliate Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Online Business Manager Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Marketing Process Manager Stopgap £42000 per annum + Benefits, Surrey
- Sales Manager - major ad tech platform - London Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + + 50%, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts