Lucozade replaces Tinie Tempah with sporting stars
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 January 2012 09:14AM
Lucozade is revamping its strategy behind Lucozade Sport and is replacing rapper Tinie Tempah with a clutch of sporting stars to front a new advertising campaign.
The GSK-owned brand is running a multi-million advertising campaign, which will be fronted by runner Mo Farah, triple jumper Phillips Idowu, gymnast Louis Smith and Manchester United footballer Ashley Young.
Grey has created four 30-seconds ads for the campaign, which revert back to Lucozade Sport's core roots under the slogan "Faster. Stronger. For Longer". It will also run across outdoor.
Last year, Lucozade Sport's 'Yes' campaign featured Tempah, in a move away from its sporting roots.
The latest advertising push will still include the "yes" tag, as the company believes it will be just as effective for sport.
Tempah, meanwhile, is likely to continue to support Lucozade Energy.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline