Lucozade replaces Tinie Tempah with sporting stars
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 January 2012 09:14AM
Lucozade is revamping its strategy behind Lucozade Sport and is replacing rapper Tinie Tempah with a clutch of sporting stars to front a new advertising campaign.
The GSK-owned brand is running a multi-million advertising campaign, which will be fronted by runner Mo Farah, triple jumper Phillips Idowu, gymnast Louis Smith and Manchester United footballer Ashley Young.
Grey has created four 30-seconds ads for the campaign, which revert back to Lucozade Sport's core roots under the slogan "Faster. Stronger. For Longer". It will also run across outdoor.
Last year, Lucozade Sport's 'Yes' campaign featured Tempah, in a move away from its sporting roots.
The latest advertising push will still include the "yes" tag, as the company believes it will be just as effective for sport.
Tempah, meanwhile, is likely to continue to support Lucozade Energy.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media