Lucozade replaces Tinie Tempah with sporting stars
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 09 January 2012 09:14AM
Lucozade is revamping its strategy behind Lucozade Sport and is replacing rapper Tinie Tempah with a clutch of sporting stars to front a new advertising campaign.
The GSK-owned brand is running a multi-million advertising campaign, which will be fronted by runner Mo Farah, triple jumper Phillips Idowu, gymnast Louis Smith and Manchester United footballer Ashley Young.
Grey has created four 30-seconds ads for the campaign, which revert back to Lucozade Sport's core roots under the slogan "Faster. Stronger. For Longer". It will also run across outdoor.
Last year, Lucozade Sport's 'Yes' campaign featured Tempah, in a move away from its sporting roots.
The latest advertising push will still include the "yes" tag, as the company believes it will be just as effective for sport.
Tempah, meanwhile, is likely to continue to support Lucozade Energy.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior digital Planning - £35K - tech brand!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- The role of private equity in adland
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show